• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman Trinity club! All-Star #8 - Sensation #1 - Wonder Woman #1
1 1

106 posts in this topic

Wow! Did you sell any at SDCC this year? How were AS8, Sen1, and WW1 sales at SDCC? Were they all widely available? Were people asking for them? Fast sellers?

Filter had a copy. Sold.

Sold to another dealer, I believe.

Yeah all 3 would be best. I'd want AS8 waaaay more if she was on the cover though.

Yeah, shame WW is not on the cover of AS8 :(

I have to say though.... AS8 without WW on cover > ST110 without Dr Strange on cover.

I think the AS8 cover is really cool. Too bad WW is not in the crystal ball.

don't like this book at all...no siree...

as8sc_zpswikpewsu.jpg

Wow! Did you sell any at SDCC this year? How were AS8, Sen1, and WW1 sales at SDCC? Were they all widely available? Were people asking for them? Fast sellers?

At the Seattle cons, I don't think I've seen a copy of any of the 3 in the past 4+ years..

Not really selling any right now

Filter had a copy. Sold. Likely others on the floor.

not really much at all selection wise. I displayed an as8, sens 1, and ww1 and politely turned down all offers (even reasonable ones)

I've picked up two of the three 3-4 years ago and consider myself lucky to find them. I still hold out hope to complete the trinity at some point, but the WW keys have easily moved out of my price range for anything other than real beaters now (and even that is a stretch :cry: ) . So I'll have to settle for these two:

Please excuse the newton rings on the edges of the Sensation1 :)

Scan_20160804%202_zpswapt6hya.png

Scan_20160804_zpsrrzjl9m7.png

That would have been perfect.

Tried to play with this idea a few years back.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7024062&fpart=1

I remember that, and I absolutely loved it. DC should take that idea and use it on one of it's WW variant covers.

I've picked up two of the three 3-4 years ago and consider myself lucky to find them. I still hold out hope to complete the trinity at some point, but the WW keys have easily moved out of my price range for anything other than real beaters now (and even that is a stretch :cry: ) . So I'll have to settle for these two:

Please excuse the newton rings on the edges of the Sensation1 :)

Scan_20160804%202_zpswapt6hya.png

Scan_20160804_zpsrrzjl9m7.png

Very nice!!! I think you got the hardest of the 3!

That would have been perfect.

Tried to play with this idea a few years back.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7024062&fpart=1

I remember that, and I absolutely loved it. DC should take that idea and use it on one of it's WW variant covers.

Yes, they should. And put my name on that cover as well :cool:

All-Star #8 results from the most recent HA auction:

4.0 with slightly brittle pages = $31,070

1.8 Voldemort with off-white pages = $27,485

Should slightly brittle pages really drop the price of a 4.0 down to about same as a 1.8 or did the 1.8 sell above market? The 4.0 was a nice looking copy.... (shrug)

All-Star #8 results from the most recent HA auction:

4.0 with slightly brittle pages = $31,070

1.8 Voldemort with off-white pages = $27,485

Should slightly brittle pages really drop the price of a 4.0 down to about same as a 1.8 or did the 1.8 sell above market? The 4.0 was a nice looking copy.... (shrug)

It's a pretty big turn off for me. I have only bought one brittle book thinking it wouldn't be that bad. upon reading it the first page ripped straight out as I turned the page. I will never buy a brittle book again.