• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Af15 tape around edges

17 posts in this topic

Doubt it would be restored, that blotch looks unintentional and tape still comes back blue label. However if you remove the tape, it will lift off so much of the color and likely even the paper, it would likely lower the grade 1/2 point even though you are already starting really low. Best thing is leave it as is or do a full restoration job if you really want a pretty book, but by the looks of it, that will cost you several thousand $ if you want it done really nicely through Matt. However, I'm not sure (extremely doubtful) the return will be there for a restored copy, so if you can get a blue label 1.0 or 1.5 (maybe even pray for an unlikely 1.8), that's your best bet.

If you scroll to the bottom of this page, there is a list of moderators. Click on Matt Nelson and it brings up his board profile with an email address:

mnelson@ccspaper.com

There's also an option to send him a PM, although I have no idea what the board etiquette is in this regard or how up to date the info is.

I think the marker was accidentally left and touched the book. It seemed unintentional.

ah yes... I see. Agreed. Not restored. Check with Matt to see if some/all of the tape can be safely removed (if not leave it).

Id leave it as is. still a complete AF15 (thumbs u

YES THIS!!!!

+1

If the tape can come off at a reasonable price then why not take it off?

Because the residue stain/discoloration from the tape will probably look worse than the tape itself. Do you really think the tape can come off with no trace that it was there ?

The tape likely can't be easily removed as its on both sides, which makes getting the solution under the adhesive side very difficult. I've spoken to Kenny on a book similar to this

If Kenny has put his 2 cents worth in on this then we can take it as gospel. The tape stays.

The tape likely can't be easily removed as its on both sides, which makes getting the solution under the adhesive side very difficult. I've spoken to Kenny on a book similar to this

If Kenny has put his 2 cents worth in on this then we can take it as gospel. The tape stays.

It wasn't this book we discussed but it was one similar in nature with tape on either side (interior/exterior) where this one is just a piece of tape folded over to be on the interior and exterior so I would assume it would be similar.

I'm sure some of the tape can be removed but not the majority based on how it presents to me.