• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pgm Af15

23 posts in this topic

Would it be green because of the tape?

Green means the book would grade high without a specific flaw. Tape is not a flaw and there is so much of it it would not grade high. Unless some of the ink is considered CT, it should be a Blue label. I'm thinking 1.0 but maybe a 2.0 ?

So either the tape will be considered resto or conservation, yes?

No. Tape is just seen as a defect. I think 1.5. Whether it gets a purple label I would think would be based on how CGC views that sharpie (?) mark on the bottom corner that goes through multiple pages.

So either the tape will be considered resto or conservation, yes?

No. Tape is just seen as a defect. I think 1.5. Whether it gets a purple label I would think would be based on how CGC views that sharpie (?) mark on the bottom corner that goes through multiple pages.

Ah I see. I was curious about that bleed as well. It actually looks sort of printer related maybe.

The inside is really nice, regardless

It's funny, I was just having a discussion in another thread with jimmers about how people put tape around the edges of their comics during that time frame.

I agree with gadzukes, I think it would come back green. It definitely won't come back purple because of that ink bleed. That isn't resto.

I can't spot the colour touch...

I was referring to the spot that has been colored with a black marker. It looks like it's mostly on the cellophane tape, but unfortunately it has also bled through several of the interior pages.

I'm not 100% certain that CGC would consider it color touch, but it seems possible since it was intended to fill in a missing piece of the cover.

AF15_zpsuzm8x1da.jpg