• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago

9 posts in this topic

As far as I know, no. Wizard World has been a ghost town for art dealers in the last couple years. You may find some art at some of the booths but I think dealers will be slim. C2E2 is better - Albert, Anthony, Cadence and Scott Eder are always there. Bechara hasn't been by in couple years though, he always has stuff I like.

As far as I know, no. Wizard World has been a ghost town for art dealers in the last couple years. You may find some art at some of the booths but I think dealers will be slim. C2E2 is better - Albert, Anthony, Cadence and Scott Eder are always there. Bechara hasn't been by in couple years though, he always has stuff I like.

That's a shame, Bechara always has some stuff I'm interested in and since I didn't make it to sdcc this year I was hoping to stop by his booth in Chicago. He does mention on his website he will attend, but we all know his website isn't really maintained :(.

I still think it's an excellent show for comic books. Lots of comic dealers, so you're sure to find something you want. I do agree the lack of OA dealers is dissapointing though. I remember 5 or 6 years ago the OA selection was good with Albert Moy, Burkey, Anthonys, Bechara, and more. I'm not sure why many of them don't set up anymore. Still a fun show to attend, so I'll be making the trip.

Just saw Bechara at SD. Insane display of OA as always. He said he will be setting up at Chicago with 2 tables.

If I remember correctly, Snyder and Burkey will NOT be attending Chicago in a week.

Didn't ask Moy.....ooops.

Hope this helps.

Regarding Chicago Wizard con I have had a couple of the big dealers tell me its a show " where everyone wants to look but no one wants to buy". In years past most of the big dealers used to attend but not so much anymore.

Jay

Jay,

I think most Wizard World shows have migrated this way. Wizard World Philadelphia used to be a good show with East Coast art dealers coming up and down the coast to set up. However, by 2009, several dealers were losing money on this show due to the focus shifting away from comics in general. That was the last year that I attended, and I have heard that there may be one or two dealers that still set up. Back in the 1990s, Chicago (prior to WW purchasing it) used to be one of the marquee shows to attend for original comic art.

From my perspective, WW shows want to be all things to all people, so they amp up the entertainment perspective to the detriment of the comics/comic art people.

Ciao!

PRC