• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is X-Men 1 CGC 9.0 at $46,995 a wise long term investment?

206 posts in this topic

I'm curious. Long term being 20 years

Yes. I heard that the X-Men will appear in the next Avengers movie. We all know what will happen to the X-Men then. Just like AF #15. Right to da moon.

Are you in a drogue daze right now? Can't you show some respect to a new member?

:roflmao: Do you want an apology too?

Have you thought about buying as many copies of this book as can? Trying to corner the market?

s-l1600_21.jpg

That's pretty funny.

Over a decade ago, for several years on ebay I noticed that there was one guy who bought pretty much every copy of that one-shot - but I suspect you might know that.

2wd63qh.jpg

eONIBHV.gif

The "Duke" of IMSM 1 lol

Happy Birthday Jack !

Oh sheesh! My wife will kill me for that suicide investment.

Yes. I heard that the X-Men will appear in the next Avengers movie. We all know what will happen to the X-Men then. Just like AF #15. Right to da moon.

Maybe I would buy 1,000,000 copies of Avengers vs. X-Men #0. Avengers vs. X-Men also ties into the limited series AVX: VS.

It will be a brilliant investment. Very cheap!

:jokealert:

Maybe I would buy 1,000,000 copies of Avengers vs. X-Men #0. Avengers vs. X-Men also ties into the limited series AVX: VS.

It will be a brilliant investment. Very cheap!

:jokealert:

Anytime someone brings up comics as an investment, people start posting garbage like this.

Changing directions here a bit:

Listening to music while reading comics?

I listen to quiet/ambient stuff like Brian Eno's "Music For Airports." Something as listenable as it is ignorable.

Lots a great ideas. I'm still months away from pulling trigger. Still doing research.

Like More Fun 52 that Mister Esquire had in the GA thread. 10k short, tho.

The key Marvel SA stuff is a thought.

Somehow I got into thinking I could afford a nice grade for Detective 31. Hahaha

Having fun just relearning the ropes.

Only one book, why?

Why not get an AF15,FF1,Hulk1,Xmen1,JIM83,ToS39,and Daredevil 1 for the same 50K. (shrug)

Just not the route I've decided to take.

It's funny (but I dandy-fine problem to have), when I was a kid in the late 70s and early 80s collecting, I was always $5.00 bucks short for a $15.00 book I wanted. Now I'm 10k short on 60k book(s) I'd like.