• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,138 posts in this topic

Was casually skimming through CL's last auction and was really surprised to see that 9.8 Marvel Preview 7 sell for $3,651.  Anyone know if this is the highest it's ever gone for?  Either the scan is bad or I think this is not a really good looking 9.8.  Does that look like a crease at the top right corner?  Or just a scratch on the slab?

RADAF502201829_182143.jpg

I just can't get enough of that cover :x

It looks like a crease to me and not a very nice looking 9.8. Don't know if it is a record price though. 

Couple of Hulks fetched decent prices on ebay the other week, I have a thing for the cover of #10, I have a nice raw one and a 9.6 that I paid less than $30 years ago, so when I saw this one at 9.8 I thought I would add it too, didn't think it would hit this price. Hulk 10 9.8

2 hours ago, batmiesta said:

It looks like a crease to me and not a very nice looking 9.8. Don't know if it is a record price though. 

Couple of Hulks fetched decent prices on ebay the other week, I have a thing for the cover of #10, I have a nice raw one and a 9.6 that I paid less than $30 years ago, so when I saw this one at 9.8 I thought I would add it too, didn't think it would hit this price. Hulk 10 9.8

Magazines logically have to catch on because they are so affordable compared to comics my two cents‼️?

2 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Magazines logically have to catch on because they are so affordable compared to comics my two cents‼️?

They will . Just hope I grab what I need before the explosion. 

34 minutes ago, namisgr said:

This has always been a tough mag to find in NM/M, very different from the #2 and its ton of 9.8 copies.

CGC is tough on the #1, for some reason.  I thought my copy was as nice as the #2 that was graded 9.8.

SSM1cgc.JPG.faf9821066ee445616ce49710a94a7e1.JPG

That is simply beautiful. 

5 hours ago, namisgr said:

This has always been a tough mag to find in NM/M, very different from the #2 and its ton of 9.8 copies.

CGC is tough on the #1, for some reason.  I thought my copy was as nice as the #2 that was graded 9.8.

I remember buying NM/M copies of both books from Worlds finest many years ago, I think they were from a collection from Washington if memory serves, there was also multiples of Iron man#1, Sub-mariner #1, Captain Marvel #1 and others, all in NM or better, I sold both books through Vault auctions years ago......I am about to cry. :cry:

4 hours ago, batmiesta said:

I remember buying NM/M copies of both books from Worlds finest many years ago, I think they were from a collection from Washington if memory serves, there was also multiples of Iron man#1, Sub-mariner #1, Captain Marvel #1 and others, all in NM or better, I sold both books through Vault auctions years ago......I am about to cry. :cry:

That's where I bought my Spidey mags from, too, along with Iron-Man and Subby #1 and Dr. Strange #169.  Like yours, all mine are long gone now.  They were perfect, uncirculated and unread warehouse copies.  :cloud9:

19 hours ago, namisgr said:

:takeit:

11 hours ago, namisgr said:

That's where I bought my Spidey mags from, too, along with Iron-Man and Subby #1 and Dr. Strange #169.  Like yours, all mine are long gone now.  They were perfect, uncirculated and unread warehouse copies.  :cloud9:

I still have the catalogue in the attic, I will have to root it out and post some pictures, just to make myself even sicker.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:32 PM, batmiesta said:

I still have the catalogue in the attic, I will have to root it out and post some pictures, just to make myself even sicker.

Old catalogs with cheap prices are kind of deflating when you think of.  What if☝️??