• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,155 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2019 at 4:45 PM, bounty_coder said:

I let go of my 7.0-8.0 under-copies a bit to early in past Halloween Harvest sales :pullhair:  :foryou: but know they went to loving homes.

That is a good way to think about it‼️👏

On 7/31/2019 at 8:25 PM, wombat said:

So guesses on where this low grade Vamp 1 goes. A year ago I would have been pretty confident. These days? Who knows. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vampirella-1-Magazine-Sep-1969-Horror-Warren-Comic-/254315728483?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

I say $150. 

I was low. Went for $179. Welcome to crazy town. (and no, I didn't bid on it)

33 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Don’t know if any of you noticed this, I believe a record for 9.6, and about $4k more than the last one sold through the same venue earlier this year. Yowza!

VAMPIRELLA #1, CGC 9.6 NM+ - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED
1969; Frank Frazetta cover, Neal Adams art
Current Bid: $13,138 
Number Of Bids: 69      

Publisher: Warren Publishing 
Page Quality: White Pages 
Type of Holder: Universal 
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored 
Census Rank: 2nd Highest Graded
End Date: 8/28/2019 11:09:26 PM
ComicLink Comments:
This stunning and rare CGC 9.6 is one of the Top 9 examples ever certified by CGC for the legendary Vampirella #1. With only 8 in grade and just 1 at 9.8, this is certainly the very finest example that all but 1 advanced collector can acquire. In addition to it's rare structure, this stunner has newsstand-fresh White Pages. The oversized, 68-page format, held together with just 2 staples, pretty much assured that most examples of Vampirella #1 were not even truly Near Mint when they hit the stands back in 1969. This is just the 3rd 9.6 we have ever offered in a ComicLink auction. 

B3076B3E-9ACB-43C0-A3C3-0AD2ED992279.thumb.jpeg.08c5b5e1c1f0ad77fc148be640e5dfc0.jpeg

Oh my sweet Jesus!    (worship)

(Please cgcmod1 dont give me another warning for religious intent.) :foryou:

18 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Don’t know if any of you noticed this, I believe a record for 9.6, and about $4k more than the last one sold through the same venue earlier this year. Yowza!

VAMPIRELLA #1, CGC 9.6 NM+ - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED
1969; Frank Frazetta cover, Neal Adams art
Current Bid: $13,138 
Number Of Bids: 69      

Publisher: Warren Publishing 
Page Quality: White Pages 
Type of Holder: Universal 
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored 
Census Rank: 2nd Highest Graded
End Date: 8/28/2019 11:09:26 PM
ComicLink Comments:
This stunning and rare CGC 9.6 is one of the Top 9 examples ever certified by CGC for the legendary Vampirella #1. With only 8 in grade and just 1 at 9.8, this is certainly the very finest example that all but 1 advanced collector can acquire. In addition to it's rare structure, this stunner has newsstand-fresh White Pages. The oversized, 68-page format, held together with just 2 staples, pretty much assured that most examples of Vampirella #1 were not even truly Near Mint when they hit the stands back in 1969. This is just the 3rd 9.6 we have ever offered in a ComicLink auction. 

B3076B3E-9ACB-43C0-A3C3-0AD2ED992279.thumb.jpeg.08c5b5e1c1f0ad77fc148be640e5dfc0.jpeg

CGC label collectors have a lot of excess spending money on their hands and never have to worry about a budget of any kind at all.  :gossip:

While this is an undeniably stunning copy, $9k seems like a whopping premium to pay over a 9.4. I think the fact there are currently only 9 copies at 9.6-up is a factor. So if that lone 9.8 came to market, is it now a $25k mag?  You might expect more copies to see grading and sale given these prices. 

39 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

While this is an undeniably stunning copy, $9k seems like a whopping premium to pay over a 9.4. I think the fact there are currently only 9 copies at 9.6-up is a factor. So if that lone 9.8 came to market, is it now a $25k mag?  You might expect more copies to see grading and sale given these prices. 

I sure am glad I picked up my lowly 9.2 when I did. I dont think I could swim in the same swimming pool as 25K.

So I just bought my CGC 8.5 OW/W copy for $180.00 off of Heritage a few short months ago. Yes this copy is .5 higher than mine with a single bump up in page quality but I’m still pretty surprised with the final price. Is this the new market for #23’s?

3986D65B-1067-45F7-A254-1E8E2946D430.thumb.jpeg.92a305caee85e373a736b5111691191e.jpeg

To be fair there were a number of books this round at Heritage that seemed to go for double or more than I was expecting.

Go #23!!

Edited by N e r V

I just saw that #23 result as well...$625 wit da juice :ohnoez:. One price blip isn’t a trend. But it could be the start on one. Really strong price for that book. The Eerie #3 in 9.4 with Frazz cover went really cheap I thought. I love that book, shoulda bid. 

Edited by bounty_coder

1 hour ago, bounty_coder said:

I just saw that #23 result as well...$625 wit da juice :ohnoez:. One price blip isn’t a trend. But it could be the start on one. Really strong price for that book. The Eerie #3 in 9.4 with Frazz cover went really cheap I thought. I love that book, shoulda bid. 

Yeah I think the shock was another CGC 9.0  OW/W copy just sold for $260.00 in May so I was expecting a 300.-400. high end at best for the PQ...

Edited by N e r V