• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,155 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Only if you plan on selling...:smirk:

I'm starting to take a stance on many of my nicer books that having them entombed is the safer route; in terms of keeping them safe from unforeseen damage (bugs, water leaks, earthquake, etc) as well as liquidity if something were to happen to me (for my family).

My readers get my paws; my pinnacles stay out of direct contact :sorry:

Edited by bounty_coder

1 minute ago, wombat said:

You sure as heck don't want to be in a situation needing to sell quickly and then waiting a 4 months for CGC to get your books back to you. 

I know if it came down to it; what my family would get for my collection is much lower than what I would get for my collection.  And having them CGC graded helps immensely close that chasm.

I would even worry about them packaging the books up and sending to CGC getting damaged :roflmao:

But the piece of mind in having a very solid barrier around your prized collections helps one sleep a bit easier at night; regarding the things that go bump in the night...

41 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

I know if it came down to it; what my family would get for my collection is much lower than what I would get for my collection.  And having them CGC graded helps immensely close that chasm.

I would even worry about them packaging the books up and sending to CGC getting damaged :roflmao:

But the piece of mind in having a very solid barrier around your prized collections helps one sleep a bit easier at night; regarding the things that go bump in the night...

Send your stuff my way. I'll put a 24 hour guard around it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vampire-Tales-2-1973-CGC-8-0-1st-appearance-of-Satana-/312752872867?hash=item48d1861da3%3Ag%3AYRcAAOSwlGFdbD~G&LH_Auction=1&nma=true&si=e6t%2Fu8vc%2FELHGzrcZuAeMFujibA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I think I'm going to let loose of my 9.0 to create some funds. Is $500 a reasonable opening bid based on the above?

Edited by Key Largo Comics

On 9/4/2019 at 7:14 AM, Stevemmg said:

Don’t know if any of you noticed this, I believe a record for 9.6, and about $4k more than the last one sold through the same venue earlier this year. Yowza!

VAMPIRELLA #1, CGC 9.6 NM+ - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED
1969; Frank Frazetta cover, Neal Adams art
Current Bid: $13,138 
Number Of Bids: 69      

Publisher: Warren Publishing 
Page Quality: White Pages 
Type of Holder: Universal 
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored 
Census Rank: 2nd Highest Graded
End Date: 8/28/2019 11:09:26 PM
ComicLink Comments:
This stunning and rare CGC 9.6 is one of the Top 9 examples ever certified by CGC for the legendary Vampirella #1. With only 8 in grade and just 1 at 9.8, this is certainly the very finest example that all but 1 advanced collector can acquire. In addition to it's rare structure, this stunner has newsstand-fresh White Pages. The oversized, 68-page format, held together with just 2 staples, pretty much assured that most examples of Vampirella #1 were not even truly Near Mint when they hit the stands back in 1969. This is just the 3rd 9.6 we have ever offered in a ComicLink auction. 

B3076B3E-9ACB-43C0-A3C3-0AD2ED992279.thumb.jpeg.08c5b5e1c1f0ad77fc148be640e5dfc0.jpeg

So I guess that this book at 9.6 and above will not be coming down anytime soon but only up from now on cuz this price is a HUGE jump from the $7k-ish that a 9.6 was last sold just two months prior this auction.

2 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Worth a try with a Make an Offer option maybe?

The highest a 9.0 has been recorded for is $400. The book seems to be trending up. 

10 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

For books like that, I recommend selling at BIN with best offer, not auction.

7 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Yep, that is definitely a serious price paid for a raw copy of that book...

EERIE #25 HI GRADE 9.2 CLASSIC STERANKO COVER GEM 
Winning bid: $271.66

5 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

If you've been looking for a HG copy of that book long enough; you start valuing your time over your money... 2c

Exactly.  It took me 12 years to find a high grade copy for my collection.  During that time, I probably saw 3 or 4 go by that were priced higher than I was willing to pay for a 9.2-9.4.  In the end, I just ponied up and paid the price.  Really glad I did now.  I just remember thinking $60 was way too much for Eerie 25, Steranko or no.  Now, I’d buy every nm copy I could find at that price.