• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,138 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I thought I'd memorialize this recent sale in the last ComicConnect auction.  This price seems pretty durable for 9.2 Vampi 1s.

Screenshot 2020-07-06 16.48.59.png

Wow I never would guess that this book would hit these kind of prices when I bought it.

7 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

Did anyone else follow this on Heritage?!?!?!

I mean... :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Tales ofVoodoo V2 #1 CGC 9.8

$3,360.00

0615D25B-D3E7-46DB-B589-F20126BB1FAF.thumb.jpeg.d63d5638244adc32814251db263a8501.jpeg

Is it that heritage just seems to draw a bunch of people who have a ton of money and don’t know any better?  I’ve never sold anything on Heritage but could it carry some of the same pitfalls that selling on EBay has (e.g plants running up auctions?).  I don’t know if this listing had it but have found it odd their live (virtual) auction...just when you think it’s over, nope online bidding has merely ended and now it goes to the virtual live auction part where it gets run up even more...is it that obvious I’ve lost some in this additional round:bigsmile:

4 hours ago, This is Who We Are said:

Is it that heritage just seems to draw a bunch of people who have a ton of money and don’t know any better?  I’ve never sold anything on Heritage but could it carry some of the same pitfalls that selling on EBay has (e.g plants running up auctions?).  I don’t know if this listing had it but have found it odd their live (virtual) auction...just when you think it’s over, nope online bidding has merely ended and now it goes to the virtual live auction part where it gets run up even more...is it that obvious I’ve lost some in this additional round:bigsmile:

I've been seeing an increase across the board in "scarce" assets hitting astronomical prices.  This was the top copy in census by a longshot.  And those that collect these Eerie Publications know that you could have spent the last 30 years trying to find a copy this nice and come up short.  So people who have strong pocket books usually value their time tremendously.  And I think you are seeing a reflection in that in many of the scarcer books now a-days with very strong prices... :preach:

5 hours ago, This is Who We Are said:

We will not go into the hijinx that Heritage and a few other auction companies get up to on a regular basis.  Let's just say that things are not exactly as they seem and occasionally, the house decides they want something for the purposes of reselling in the next auction and are active bidders as well.  And they can see everyone's bids.  When I was still bidding on Heritage stuff, I had the unpleasant experience of having my bids maxed out many, many times...