• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Regardless of grade.....what are dealbreakers for you?

108 posts in this topic

If it smells really bad. I found some 70s comics at a garage sale years ago and I just glanced at them and bought the whole stack for a few bucks, but when I got them home I noticed a smell. When I went through them, the ones in the middle had some gross looking stains on them and smelled so bad it made you want to puke, I don't know what it was, but those were the only comics I ever threw out.

Other than that, I don't care about condition as long as I can see the artwork. I actually like beat up loved comics. I have many mint, great condition comics, but to me a mint comic is pretty boring, it has no story, nothing. It's probably been sitting on a shelf in a closet for decades, no one read it, it has no history, hasn't been loved and used how it was supposed have been.

Back when I was actively working on my (very) low grade Fantastic Four collection, the thing that bothered me the most was comics with a huge crease on the cover. Small-to-moderate creases I can deal with but if the entire cover has been folded over, I passed. I may not be willing/able to pay much but even I have standards.

Also bad: missing pages, huge chunks torn from the cover, obvious rusted staples, cover entirely detached, brittle pages.

what are dealbreakers for you?

Kinda... right about...

HERE

s_l1600_1.jpg

lol

1. Brittle Pages

2. People who don't own a vacuum :insane:

3. Off centered books

4. Rusty Staples

5. I don't mind if its a little stinky as long as its pulp related and hasn't been read in the toilet

-Comics ripped into 2 piece... top half and bottom half.

So... this Weird Fantasy #15 wouldn't be the crown jewel of your collection then?

WF%2015%20Top_zpsjcpdw3qz.jpg

WF%2015%20Top%20Open_zpstxrlqfma.jpg

Sweet Weird Fantasy Promo Pamphlet!

yea, u should submit that or put that puppy in a Mylar. :sumo: