• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just these Alex Schomburg Covers / XELA
3 3

149 posts in this topic

WONDER 15 and STARTLING 52 are pretty sweet.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes, I have a nice copy of Wonder 15, except for the fact that somebody traced in pen the outline of the woman's body on the cover. (tsk):mad:

Is that amazing adventures #2 cover considered to be "Xela"? It's not airbrushed, but it is painted.

(Edit: well, I just checked GCD and they now say that that's not a Schomburg cover.)

Edited by cousin itt

Hey Richard;

With the prices that some of these books such as Cindy 37 and Romantic Marriage 24 are fetching in today's marketplace, maybe you've got yourself a big goldmine in that love collection of yours. hm:wishluck:

It's a goldmine of entertainment for sure. :cloud9:

822F8F0A-DDD5-4382-BE4E-D943930927BD_zpseg3kvimz.jpg

Still in my possession, but on its way to a friend soon.

The Schom/Xela covers are definitely one of the best things about the golden age. I had a gorgeous Wonder 13- a raw 9.0. When I traded that to a friend (because of my Phantom Lady obsession) something in me died and I decided to hold off on going any further with those covers. At this point Wonder 13 (girls and rockets ;)) is the only one I will have after sending this Wonder 15 down the road. I have every intention to wait for the next market dip and start building them back up :taptaptap:

822F8F0A-DDD5-4382-BE4E-D943930927BD_zpseg3kvimz.jpg

Still in my possession, but on its way to a friend soon.

The Schom/Xela covers are definitely one of the best things about the golden age. I had a gorgeous Wonder 13- a raw 9.0. When I traded that to a friend (because of my Phantom Lady obsession) something in me died and I decided to hold off on going any further with those covers. At this point Wonder 13 (girls and rockets ;)) is the only one I will have after sending this Wonder 15 down the road. I have every intention to wait for the next market dip and start building them back up :taptaptap:

Rick,

Is that Jimbo's old copy that he sold off in March?

What an awesome book!

When I heard "Xela," I came running:

XelaCB1_zpsx7naxc7o.jpg

XelaCB2_zpspm4oedau.jpg

I have the Navy version of the coloring book and noted that it is by Alex Schomburg but wonder if August contributed to the Air Force book? hm He was an expert at drawing aircraft.

I have a low grade version of Wonder 15 which I jumped at buying because I had seen a high grade version like the guys posted above and I edited.

28257716233_9fb30c0f0d_c.jpg

What Wonder 15 is missing in content, it makes up for in glamour. Some of Schomburg's best air brush work.

15658378384_e0986b4262_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun