• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just these Alex Schomburg Covers / XELA
3 3

149 posts in this topic

I picked these up about a year ago. Those Schomburg covers sure are pretty, aren't they? However, you can't judge a book by it's cover. lol

Wonder%20Comics%201_zpsw7vb4mrr.jpg

All three are some kind of cobbled together Frankenstein that someone assembled back in the day. I would guess that they were created not long after they were published, judging by the condition of the covers. Each has two covers, and interior stories taken from several various issues of Wonder Comics. They are glued together at the spine and they have been trimmed.

This one has 86 pages and is almost like a thick annual. It has the covers from issues 16 and 17 and contains the Tara stories only from issues 15-20 plus the Tara story from Thrilling Comics #71.

Wonder%20Comics%208_zpswmosqhzj.jpg

Wonder%20Comics%202_zpsrgtteqj2.jpg

Wonder%20Comics%205_zpsqj37n0oe.jpg

This one has 72 pages. It has the covers from issues 9 and 12 (Ingels) and contains the Wonder Man stories from issues 9-13.

Wonder%20Comics%209_zpsupff1ulu.jpg

Wonder%20Comics%204_zpss3vpewff.jpg

Wonder%20Comics%207_zpsoj0ltc8g.jpg

This one has 64 pages. It has the covers from issues 10 and 14 and contains the Wonder Man stories from issues 14-17.

Wonder%20Comics%2010_zpsqihaahmj.jpg

Wonder%20Comics%203_zpso3xhrbt4.jpg

Wonder%20Comics%206_zpszjtyjfus.jpg

Probably not much value, collector-wise, but boy they sure are fun to look at. :luhv:

I think those are very cool. Kind of like a bound volume. Even in that shape, they would probably sell pretty well.

1 hour ago, vader2001 said:

I was at another show today and I found this little jem in a dealers box. I picked it up for $160. Another Schomburg cover.

33286262370_095a2a32d6_c.jpgUntitled by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

That was a bargain...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 3/28/2017 at 10:28 AM, jimjum12 said:

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Xela airbrush covers :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

hR3WdTP.jpg

Nice.  I'm guessing this is an instance of a new slab looking darker in a scan than in hand. hm

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

Here's a Xela I haven't posted in a while.
I love these Miss Masque covers, and surprisingly I have rarely seen another copy of this one.

9hpg84.jpg

I always think of that cover as his 25th anniversary cover.  It is similar to the early Experimenter  cover.

1688859052_126104cafd_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Nice.  I'm guessing this is an instance of a new slab looking darker in a scan than in hand. hm

Yes. The new slab is pretty darned solid, though. I'll try to take a picture for comparison once I get a few extra minutes. GOD BLESS...