• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL 2 starring Henry Cavill (TBD)
4 4

445 posts in this topic

JO BLO Exclusive: Mark Millar talks potential Matthew Vaughn directed Man of Steel

supesfbmillar1.gif

Recently, Mark Millar sat down with Mario-Francisco Robles for an interview courtesy of the El Fanboy Podcast, and while waxing rhapsodic about potential projects in the pipeline, Millar told Robles that he and Matthew Vaughn once started kicking around a pitch for a Superman trilogy back in 2008. Naturally, Robles started asking some questions, which then segued into the latest happenings between Vaughn and the WB doing a Superman film.

First, Robles and Millar hit on the topic of what the Kingsman creative thinks about the latest buzz surrounding Vaughn and DC Entertainment.

"He and I are massive Superman fans. I mean, we worship Richard Donner. We love the Christopher Reeve movies. He actually phoned me up a few months ago, and he said, “Hey, listen, DC, they’re very interested in me doing Man of Steel 2. Do you want to come in and do this?’ And I was like, ‘I’m exclusive to Netflix for years. We can’t even have that conversation.’ And he was like, ‘Oh, man. What's the chances of this?’ And then he kind of drifted away. And he’s attached himself to a couple of things and all that. Y'know so, it’s one of those things that might, I mean- if somebody phones Matthew up and offers him enough money it could all change tomorrow," Millar shared with Robles.

As their conversation continued, Millar was asked about the Superman movies they would have made had the studio ever listened to their pitch. Mark was happy to comment by saying the following:

“It was actually a massive, uplifting, hopeful thing. There’s no point doing Superman unless you feel good. You should walk out of ‘Superman’ just feeling like a million dollars. You should feel great after a Superman film. The movie itself was going to be a big, vast fun epic. But 'Superman’s got to be a laugh, as well.”

Hopefully they continue with the more powerful Superman theme we saw in Justice League than the holding back boy scout we saw in Man of Steel. The only question is which villain could be powerful enough to go head on with him for that type of play? They need to save Darkseid and Apokolips for a JL movie. Maybe Braniac?

22 minutes ago, kimik said:

Hopefully they continue with the more powerful Superman theme we saw in Justice League than the holding back boy scout we saw in Man of Steel. The only question is which villain could be powerful enough to go head on with him for that type of play? They need to save Darkseid and Apokolips for a JL movie. Maybe Braniac?

That's who I am leaning towards.

netdC0b.jpg

Christopher McQuarrie Confirms Discussing MAN OF STEEL 2 Ideas With Henry Cavill While Filming M:I FALLOUT

Director Christopher McQuarrie's name first surfaced as a potential director for WB's Green Lantern Corps. film, which will star Hal Jordan and John Stewart. However, the Mission: Impossible - Fallout helmer created a stir not too long after when admitted that he'd actually be game to direct a Man of Steel sequel.

It was that very acknowledgment that McQuarrie was questioned about recently while out promoting the latest installment of Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible franchise.

"Henry Cavill knows what it would be like. We had a lot of time hanging out on set, and Henry’s a huge fan of Superman," began the screenwriter-turned-director, who also has (unofficial) writing credits on the first X-Men film, The Wolverine and Star Wars: Rogue One. 

McQuarrie went on to add, "I can’t help but talk story to people, so he told me his take on Superman and I thought it was really great, and I gave him my two cents. The tweet you’re referring to is somebody asked ‘Would you do it?’ and I said ‘Hey, they know where to find me.’ Nobody’s asked, but you know…"

Henry Cavill Teases Superman vs. Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam

superman-black-adam-dwayne-johnson-comic

Superman star Henry Cavill expects to one day see the Man of Steel go toe-to-toe with Dwayne Johnson's mighty Black Adam.

“There is definitely some kind of work towards that,” the Justice League star told MTV at CinemaCon in Las Vegas. “There's a lot of things spinning around in the universe right now with that.”

“Obviously if Black Adam does become a character officially, he will play him,” Cavill said of the Jumanji and Rampage star, who is gearing up to bring the ancient super-powered Egyptian prince to the shared DC Extended Universe.

The two titans might clash eventually, but likely not before Black Adam faces off against archfoe Shazam (Zachary Levi).

“I'm pretty sure it'll be a Shazam/Black Adam thing first,” Cavill said. “If it does happen, it would make sense that way.”

He continued: “But you never know, maybe there will be a Superman movie and Shazam will come and help. That's kind of stealing his limelight, though, which is not cool.”

Today is Henry Cavill's birthday and to celebrate the DCEU's Man of Steel, Zach Snyder took to social media to share Cavill in a very special Superman costume -- Christopher Reeve's.

Snyder posted the image on his Vero account, explaining that he put Cavill in the iconic suit to show Warner Bros. that Cavill was the perfect choice to play Superman in what would become 2013's Man of Steel.

henry-cavill-superman-suit-1107154.jpeg