• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL 2 starring Henry Cavill (TBD)
4 4

445 posts in this topic

Man Of Steel Sequel Reportedly In Active Development

pq1UkjS.jpg

It looks like Henry Cavill's Superman is about to fly up, up, and away in an upcoming sequel to Man of Steel. In an exclusive report, The Wrap has confirmed the film has gone into 'active development.'

A source familiar with the project told The Wrap, "Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance." Of course, the studio is also busy juggling a slew of other superhero films such as The Justice League and Wonder Woman. Warner Bros. most recently rolled out Suicide Squad this past weekend, stunning critics and fans with its record-breaking opening. The super-villain flick opened to over $135 million to make it the third-highest opening film of the year.

With a Man of Steel sequel now in active development, fanboys and girls all over the Internet are now rejoicing so hard that even the spirit of Krypton could hear their celebrations. However, fans were teased about the sequel's possibility before when DC Entertainment's film slate was released a while back. Warner Bros. did note their calendar allowed for possible "standalone Batman and Superman films."

:whee:

Edited by Bosco685

But he's dead...how is there going to be a second movie?

I would be super into a 'Return of Superman' (NOT SUPERMAN RETURNS) like in the comics.

Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Steel, Superboy + Mullet Superman, guest starring Green Lantern.

I would be super into a 'Return of Superman' (NOT SUPERMAN RETURNS) like in the comics.

Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Steel, Superboy + Mullet Superman, guest starring Green Lantern.

"Superman Lives" :whee:

While I think it would be great it would be (1) too difficult a story line for them to tell (i.e., it would need multiple movies) and (2) I am betting Superman is back for JLA so no time to get a MOS2 movie done

I hope that Lois is on assignment somewhere and not in the movie.
Superman III anyone?

I don't remember if that was an eventual protest about Richard Donner though?

I know Gene Hackman didn't cooperate in Part II and a stand-in was used.

I think you are right. Gene Hackman may not come back for this one.

:ohnoez:

Superman III anyone?

:ohnoez::ohnoez:

I wonder if he ever did a Donner movie after taking a stand against the producers? hm

Superman III anyone?

:ohnoez::ohnoez:

I wonder if he ever did a Donner movie after taking a stand against the producers? hm

All I know is Donner is going to kill it in this movie.

Wait - what?

(: