• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marky316 banned from submitting to CGC?
1 1

229 posts in this topic

Saw this on another board and I was wondering if this was true. Anyone heard about this? CGC, can you confirm?

" A gentleman named Marky316 is a content creator on YouTube within the comic book community. He was a regular submitter to CGC and would feature the books in his videos and reviews. He had a couple of books sent in a couple of months ago, Caliber signed by Brian Barr being one of them, and got them back with the proverbial newton rings in a LOT of areas between the slab and the paper. Well he had it sent back in multiple times only to have it returned with the same issues.

Recently they told him that this was an "acceptable amount".

This last time, and you can see in the YouTube links below, he got the book back not only with the newton rings in abundance but the book had obvious waves on the back cover and DAMAGE and yet it retained it's 9.6 grade...

Pretty crazy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRv8zd9-jro

"

I can't sit through 80+ minutes of video. Where does he mention being banned?

Watch from 3:50 to about the 8 minute mark on that 80 minute video. TBH this guys an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and I'd ban him as well.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

I can't sit through 80+ minutes of video. Where does he mention being banned?

Watch from 3:50 to about the 8 minute mark on that 80 minute video. TBH this guys an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and I'd ban him as well.

Would have been nice to have had this in the first post.

ban_zpsi03t6p5t.jpg

CGC really pulled a boner with the new case fiasco, but I’d ban this guy, too. He's not the type of customer I'd want to deal with. And it’s not as if he can never send a book in again, there are other channels besides sending it in yourself.

So now he has to sub through a dealer? That'll show him. meh

Only a matter of time before someone like this makes it on a dealer's blacklist. I can't image being a dealer and having someone like this subbing through me and having to deal with all the whining about the newton rings.