• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marky316 banned from submitting to CGC?
1 1

229 posts in this topic

I can see that he may have grounds to say his book was damaged (I don't know for sure; the first video in the OP link is set to "private", so I can only take his word that the Crow back cover was damaged in the process). But there's a lot more context to a business deciding to decline further business to a customer, and in this case being verbally abused over a business issue is way out of bounds. If someone came at me at my job and used vulgarities and screaming and online harassment to make their point, even if they had grounds for the issue itself I'd cease all interactions with them at once too. Abuse isn't the same thing as grievance.

I gotta go with CGC on this one, EVEN IF the book was legitimately damaged. Frankly, I'm not even sure the guy has grounds to claim harm; he has a book legitimately designated 9.6 by GCG. If I were in his shoes and felt I had a legitimate complaint, I'd try to handle it rationally so that me and GCG would both be satisfied with the outcome.

There's always PGX if he prefers... :)

Why are they still in business, really? People using them to pass off restored books as unrestored?

After the "love affair" with Ryan Elliot articles with PGX and the stuff we've seen here I'd much rather use my 9.4-9.8 comics for my cat's liter box than to send it to PGX. Not included was a PGX book I cracked and sent in to CGC that came back restored.

http://www.justafanboy.com/PGX/

I swear, I ran into a guy/manager like this in my LCS in San Jose back when I was 22 - I put up with it for a few months, but his banshee-like screeds got the best of me, and I was so traumatized, I left the game for the next 8-10 years. Scarring. I was head-shy for quite a while until the beginnings of the internet started to kick in and I realized I didn't actually have to TALK to anyone, you know, in REAL LIFE anymore. Books just showed up to my house like a pizza delivery. No muss, no fuss!!!

Dan

As far as banning someone...

Coworker (who was a REAL delight) would go to the pizza place where I used to work. Every single time she went she had a complaint. She made a snide remark as she was being handed her pizza one day and the pizza was promptly taken back from her she was told to leave and never return. She was banned.

You can be banned for being a jerkface.

The first video was private.

So I clicked on the second video.

38 seconds in he says "...at an acceptable level, natch!"

I thought, oh heII no. Click.

I'm telling ya - using the ignore function and not wasting my time listening to knuckleheads has freed up my time to enjoy the happier pursuits in life.

I can't sit through 80+ minutes of video. Where does he mention being banned?

Watch from 3:50 to about the 8 minute mark on that 80 minute video. TBH this guys an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and I'd ban him as well.

Would have been nice to have had this in the first post.

ban_zpsi03t6p5t.jpg

WhyBrittanyWhy_zpstzqgwwbn.gif

iN A REAL WORLD ANSWER"NO i REALLY DONT NOW GO F YOURSELF"

Why are they still in business, really? People using them to pass off restored books as unrestored?

After the "love affair" with Ryan Elliott articles with PGX and the stuff we've seen here I'd much rather use my 9.4-9.8 comics for my cat's liter box than to send it to PGX. Not included was a PGX book I cracked and sent in to CGC that came back restored.

Fixed that for you

After the "love affair" with Ryan Elliott articles with PGX and the stuff we've seen here I'd much rather use my 9.4-9.8 comics for my cat's liter box than to send it to PGX. Not included was a PGX book I cracked and sent in to CGC that came back restored.

Fixed that for you

Fixed that for you

FTFY

Fixed that for you

Fixed that for you

FTFY

:foryou:

I dunno what they are talking about.

I called up yesterday and spoke to someone because I had some questions. The person was personable, emailed me the information and my book was sent to Florida.

I called up yesterday and spoke to someone because I had some questions. The person was personable, emailed me the information and my book was sent to Florida.

I could be wrong, but I think it helps that you're not a raging person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed hm

I could be wrong, but I think it helps that you're not a raging person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed hm

Really? :eyeroll:

Seriously again?

Not sure if it helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt. lol

HEY!!!

CGC / CCS Customer Service always tries to find a quick and satisfactory solution to any problem, but when someone repeatedly harasses our Customer Service representatives in a belligerent and unprofessional manner we cannot continue to work with them. In this specific case, we felt that a customer repeatedly crossed a line with our CCS / CGC Customer Service representatives, particularly by publicly attacking her in a hostile way, and we made the decision to terminate this customer's membership and prohibit him from further participation on the Boards. This was not a decision we made lightly. We are always willing to listen to complaints and will do everything possible to resolve them, but understandably we will not tolerate abusive behavior towards any of our excellent and hard-working staff.

CGC / CCS Customer Service always tries to find a quick and satisfactory solution to any problem, but when someone repeatedly harasses our Customer Service representatives in a belligerent and unprofessional manner we cannot continue to work with them. In this specific case, we felt that a customer repeatedly crossed a line with our CCS / CGC Customer Service representatives, particularly by publicly attacking her in a hostile way, and we made the decision to terminate this customer's membership and prohibit him from further participation on the Boards. This was not a decision we made lightly. We are always willing to listen to complaints and will do everything possible to resolve them, but understandably we will not tolerate abusive behavior towards any of our excellent and hard-working staff.

Good call, it seems like he really left you no choice.

Yep. He made his own bed.

At least that will make it easier for him to scream any additional complaints into his pillow.

Good god. This dude needs some etiquette training. I realize he is frustrated but raging like that will not lead to positive results in life. I see his problem with his book, which would tick me off. That said, CGC support has always been courteous and easy to work with. I don't think CGC really had a choice in terminating it's relationship with the guy.