• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Sent Wrong Book

86 posts in this topic

Actually, NOT disclosing what book he got, if it's a significantly valuable book as the OP said, is probably the right course of action. The point is to use that information to verify that the person who claims "yes, I got your book. You got my book. Let's just do a direct swap" isn't completely full of it.

I mean, let's take an extreme example. Someone else got his marvel whatever it was #X. He got an AF 15 or FF1. Significantly valuable book. All it takes is 1 unscrupulous person who joins up real quick to say "I came across this thread because CLink didn't answer when I called either & joined so we could trade back. I got your Marvel Whatever It Is #Y. You must have gotten my book" and then send a box of german newspapers.

Now, if he posts that information publicly, he's got some risk of that happening. If he keeps that information as the verification to make sure the person claiming to have his book & to do a direct trade, that risk evaporates.

And of course, this is all operating on the assumption that it was a simple "2 boxes had their labels switched" mistake in the shipping office & not a clusterfrank of books that all got jumbled in where they went. If that's the case, you just gotta go to CLink & let them sort it out. But if it's a 1-for-1 swap of labels mistake, it can be handled directly. That's the point. So I entirely understand NOT posting the information on the book he got. I wouldn't.

This is precisely why CL should be on the hook and this little sidestep should end. If ANYTHING (and I mean anything) goes wrong your'e outside of the protection that going through a third party provides.

Agreed.

Either the OP, or the other guy, can get royally screwed if both books are not sent back to CL.

If CL is bypassed, that would be incredibly foolish.

Oh, I don't disagree that freaking out to CLink is short-sighted & overly emotional. But there's been a number of people that tried to make the point that "if you don't tell us what the book you got is, then this thread is pointless & won't accomplish anything". Those are the posts I was addressing.

Nah, you disclose the book, but send it back to comic link. If you aren't too tapped out from leaving nasty messages!

Again, I don't disagree. I was simply explaining my understanding of the OP's logic. Which, while risky, is a lot less risky than saying what the book is publicly. Obviously, letting CLink handle everything is both the prudent & smart thing to do. But the "handle it 1 on 1" option isn't entirely unreasonable. Dumb, maybe. But not "please just steal this high value book" level dumb.

Additionally, if it's a fellow boardie that got the mixed up book, there's a more reasonable expectation that the guy will be probably honest & not try to rip him off. Maybe it turns out that it's someone here he's done business with in the past or is a seller in excellent standing & they can trust each other to make the trade in good faith.

Just as likely (or maybe more likely) maybe the whole thread is a waste of time because John Comicbookfan from Nowhere, Wyoming that isn't a boardie & has never bought from anything other than reputable 3rd party sellers is the guy that got his book. Who knows?

I'm just pointing out that IF the OP wanted to take the risk of not dealing with CLink and handling this 1 on 1 with whoever got his book, then not posting the information publicly is one of the few verification methods he has to minimize the chance that he gets scammed.

*EDIT* - This in no way condones the idea of bypassing CLink's return/exchange system. I damn sure wouldn't take the risk of trying to do the exchange 1-on-1. But if someone else elects to, I can understand their logic. I'm personally do risk-averse to do that.

UPDATE: He doesn't have my book. CLink still has it. Working through it with their customer service. I would recommend the OP does the same and has lets CLink handle the retrieval and shipping.

A harshly worded voice message so expedite this process.

Maybe he's Marky316's brother?

Update: My book has been found. Jon and Justin from C Link were right on top of the situation. The book I received will be FedEx'ed back to C Link tomorrow. Apparently they never heard my message, but called because of this thread. Pointless as it seemed. Everyone can calm their mammary glands and go about trolling anyone else they set their sites on in glorious comics general. Thanks for all your help.

Update: My book has been found. Jon and Justin from C Link were right on top of the situation. The book I received will be FedEx'ed back to C Link tomorrow. Apparently they never heard my message, but called because of this thread. Pointless as it seemed. Everyone can calm their mammary glands and go about trolling anyone else they set their sites on in glorious comics general. Thanks for all your help.

:golfclap:

Maybe Maine is for you. ;)

Excellent!

What was the book you were sent?

lol

Self justification. :cloud9:

Make sure you call them back and say.....

thanks%20clink_zpsgwlhfcqd.gif

Excellent!

2nd app. of Defenders, Marvel Feature #2 9.8 WP. Sold for almost $800.00. At least it wasn't #1.

Excellent!

2nd app. of Defenders, Marvel Feature #2 9.8 WP. Sold for almost $800.00. At least it wasn't #1.

9.8 is still 9.8 espeically White Pages. Nice one for Bronze Age.

Glad it worked out. Have a nice week!!!

Mound City Auctions shipped 3 books but I received 4 books. The extra book was Avengers #1 CGC 2.0. They didn't know but I decided to call them. They appreciated and mailed me the shipping label. I mailed the book back to them and I got $150 credit for next purchase. Nice gesture.

I hope you get the credit from Comiclink that you would be forgiven.