• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Sent Wrong Book

86 posts in this topic

Mound City Auctions shipped 3 books but I received 4 books. The extra book was Avengers #1 CGC 2.0. They didn't know but I decided to call them. They appreciated and mailed me the shipping label. I mailed the book back to them and I got $150 credit for next purchase. Nice gesture.

I hope you get the credit from Comiclink that you would be forgiven.

Avengers #1? Were you tempted even for a moment to keep it? Just wanted to get the rightful owner their item, and get mine too. Not worth much, but it's been years since one came up for sale. Still need #2 and #3 to complete the set, and gyro1 has the only #2 9.8 in existence. It may be a while.

Mound City Auctions shipped 3 books but I received 4 books. The extra book was Avengers #1 CGC 2.0. They didn't know but I decided to call them. They appreciated and mailed me the shipping label. I mailed the book back to them and I got $150 credit for next purchase. Nice gesture.

I hope you get the credit from Comiclink that you would be forgiven.

Avengers #1? Were you tempted even for a moment to keep it? Just wanted to get the rightful owner their item, and get mine too. Not worth much, but it's been years since one came up for sale. Still need #2 and #3 to complete the set, and gyro1 has the only #2 9.8 in existence. It may be a while.

Yes, VERY TEMPTED to keep it even they were screwed up. I have a guilt trip VERY EASY. Well, that was five years ago before it went up. I felt good about myself for not keeping it. $150 credit was my reward for being a good boy.

Okay, the same exact thing happened to me. The only difference is I was sent a high grade Lot of ASM early Silver Age Comics! I was like "wait a minute I didn't buy these!" they were so pretty...

But I did give them back. Out of respect for the dealer (they are very large) I called and gave them back. They paid for everything and even gave me a credit.

Mistakes happen.