• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look at this beautiful 9.8...

55 posts in this topic

Here;s an example for you guys.

This is the Wonder Woman #1 silver foil cover in a bag & board. (So the light is refracting thru 1 layer of plastic. Keep in mind that in a holder the light is going thru 2 layers of plastic).

WW1.jpg

And this is the same copy taken out of the bag.

WW2.jpg

When you use a scanner instead of a photo, it amplifies the effects even more.

This is the Wonder Woman #1 silver foil cover in a bag & board. (So the light is refracting thru 1 layer of plastic. Keep in mind that in a holder the light is going thru 2 layers of plastic).

WW1.jpg

WW2.jpg

Why are you trying to defuse incendiary comments with logic and reasoning? Get out of here with your rational thoughts and explanations!

The bottom staples on both books look off as well. Doesn't look good at all. I'd be sending those back just to see what they come back as a second time.

So, you'd send them back to see if they came back with a lower grade? (shrug)

Yes. I wouldn't be comfortable having those in my personal collection if they looked like that in hand. If they came back lower, so be it but I'd be curious.

Curiosity can kill you. :devil:

Schrodinger's slab.....

WW1.jpg

WW2.jpg

Were you to scan that book right now ( :baiting: ) , would spine breaks appear? hm

On a second look at the bottom staple, it looks stressed. Is there a Creep Engine effect going on? Are we going back to the older well design, or what was the ultimate solution here? I avoided all of the drama of the last several months so I don't know, short of what youtube videos I could find. That unfortunately included marky's but there were also some very surprising videos as well all made by rational even tempered folks.

On a second look at the bottom staple, it looks stressed. Is there a Creep Engine effect going on? Are we going back to the older well design, or what was the ultimate solution here? I avoided all of the drama of the last several months so I don't know, short of what youtube videos I could find. That unfortunately included marky's but there were also some very surprising videos as well all made by rational even tempered folks.

There couldn't be a creep engine effect happening on these books because they're in the modified holder. The creep engine was happening on the 4/4 books when they were using mylar to sandwich the books. Now we have the traditional inner well with notches and without surrounded by the new outer case.

There couldn't be a creep engine effect happening on these books because they're in the modified holder. The creep engine was happening on the 4/4 books when they were using mylar to sandwich the books. Now we have the traditional inner well with notches and without surrounded by the new outer case.

I continue to ask here and still haven't gotten an answer....

WHAT WAS THE CHANGE TO HOLDER? IS THE BOOK NAKED IN THE OUTER WELL WITH THE MYLAR? ARE THEY STILL USING PRESSURE TO HOLD THE BOOK IN PLACE?

WAS THE SUPPLIER PROBLEM THE REASON FOR THIS DIRECTION?

Sadly, marky's book had waves in this new holder.

If anyone has any CGC links that describe in detail how they are encapsulating books today, I'd appreciate it. It's been frustrating being away during this and trying to get the clear answer.