• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who bought all of those batgirl Y1 pages?

30 posts in this topic

I was looking at those too. I inquired about the pencils being on the same page and was told that some of the pages it was just the ink over a digital printout.

I would check to make sure you are getting the ones that Marco touched...

I was looking at those too. I inquired about the pencils being on the same page and was told that some of the pages it was just the ink over a digital printout.

I would check to make sure you are getting the ones that Marco touched...

Ouch, that wasn't mentioned up front in the listing? :tonofbricks:

This was my exchange with the seller...

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-10%20at%204.44.07%20PM.png

And that particular page ONLY credits the penciller, and not the inker.

If you did not ask you'd be justified in believing you were buying a piece of Marcos Martin artwork.

That's twice in one week for Ankur with getting inks over copies.

thanks for the heads up. there's so few examples of marcos' work in the wild that its hard for me to know if this is just the only way that his pages are available. I haven't seen any just marcos' pencils out there.

Man, this is scary. Imagine in 20 years you want to buy a page from this era. Will you ever really know if the penciller actually touched the page? Heck, sometimes it is difficult enough to uncover the truth after a few months! This stuff just opens up the hobby to even more scammers.

I just emailed the seller. he indicated that he believes them to be inks over pencils (at least for the page I bought). and he didn't see any blue lines on the paper.

Blue Lines is a technical term and doesn't necessarily mean the lines are blue in color.

I just emailed the seller. he indicated that he believes them to be inks over pencils (at least for the page I bought). and he didn't see any blue lines on the paper.

And at this point, and for your peace of mind, I'd find a way to contact Marcos Martin yourself and get an answer directly from him.