• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need A Pic Of A Sad Sack Comic Book

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

Need a pic of the cover of Sad Sack Complimentary Military HD #12.

I have been scouring the internet for almost a year not only to find this book to complete my Sad Sack collection but to find a pic so I know what it looks like.

I have checked every site I could find and they have pics of numerous Sad Sack Complimentary issues but NONE have an image of #12.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Whats the story on these? Were they only produced as complimentary copies to be sent to the armed forces branches?

Is it possible that there was some production (or maybe censor/approval) problem forced them to pull #12, and since it was free they just decided to move on to #13 (or maybe that one was already "in the pipes" too) rather than fix the problem and reissue?

they were free after all (Im assuming)...

Man everywhere I look 12 is missing. But I DID find it without picture in Heritage here...note #3-#13 included:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/sad-sack-comics-armed-forces-complimentary-file-copy-group-harvey-1957-62-condition-average-nm-total-85-comic-books-/a/121330-12307.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

So if that is correct the book does exist. Sold for $549.70 w/BP

Edited by ThatPovGuy

I remember seeing one on eBay a few years back when someone was selling Harvey File Copies but I still needed other issues at the time so I did not think much of it.

I have not seen one since.

It took me two years when I was looking exclusively for the last issue of Sad Sack And The Sarge

that I needed to complete my .10 cover run so I know eventually the #12 will show up.

I used to obsess over this stuff but not anymore.