Another Action Comics #1 scam?

18 posts in this topic

1,511 posts
Action #1 -- sold as BIN for $1,000

Zero-feedback seller. Sold not long after it was posted.

Looks like a reprint, but what are the tell-tale signs?

There are many.

1) There are no highlights on the front fender of the car (as there should be).

2) The guy on the bottom is cut off. You should see more of him.

etc, etc, etc

Edited by Hudson

11,395 posts

Thanks, and I wonder who bought it for $1,000 -- and whether they are receiving a request to wire the payment instead of using PayPal.

11,837 posts

look at the top and right edges of the picture, it's like the reprint zoomed in a bit and cropped out the rocks (on the right), and the headlight is way to close to the 10 cent price.

97 posts
look at the top and right edges of the picture, it's like the reprint zoomed in a bit and cropped out the rocks (on the right), and the headlight is way to close to the 10 cent price.

This reprint is one of the easiest to spot because of how far away the top of the "A" in Action is from the top of the comic.

2,716 posts

You dont sell a raw Action comics 1 at ebay unless you dont know what is it . In the case you dont know what is it you must live in the woods , in the mountain , in the desert , you must be very old , you dont know how to use ebay and you dont ask $1000 , you ask $10 or something like that

2,572 posts

No question that it's a reprint. Anyone who has basic knowledge of Action Comics #1 would recognize that instantly. Here's a link to the actual listing on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1-Superman-Comic-Book-/262562815558?hash=item3d21f69e46%3Ag%3Af6AAAOSwARZXmFYP&nma=true&si=W1lCTD7k8CtRZEDJ0%252BDgRbHfMz8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The winning bidder has 452 feedback, so not a newbie or a shill account. Must be someone who knows nothing about comic books hoping that it's an original.

2,250 posts

I love the Question & Answer section on this one:

Q: This may be a stupid question, but is this the original 1938 version or a reprint? If it is the original, please send it to me and I will pay the $1000. Aug-04-16

A: Where do u want me to send it to On 8/4/16, 5:59 AM, jason6875 wrote: Details about item: jason6875 sent a message about Action Comics (#1 Superman Comic Book) #262562815558 This may be a stupid question, but is this the original 1938 version or a reprint? If it is the original, please send it to me and I will pay the $1000.

11,395 posts
I love the Question & Answer section on this one:

Q: This may be a stupid question, but is this the original 1938 version or a reprint? If it is the original, please send it to me and I will pay the $1000. Aug-04-16

A: Where do u want me to send it to On 8/4/16, 5:59 AM, jason6875 wrote: Details about item: jason6875 sent a message about Action Comics (#1 Superman Comic Book) #262562815558 This may be a stupid question, but is this the original 1938 version or a reprint? If it is the original, please send it to me and I will pay the $1000.

Good idea asking for comic before payment. Notice seller doesn't even answer the main question.

553 posts

This replica. It is Larger than the original. It measures 13.75 Inches x 10 Inches.

If I'm not mistaken 1987 Nestle Quick reprint

Edited by Diaolos

97 posts
This replica. It is Larger than the original. It measures 13.75 Inches x 10 Inches.

If I'm not mistaken 1987 Nestle Quick reprint

I think you're confusing the FFE with the Nestle. Here's the linformational ink I posted above:

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/fakes/

You'll also see that this can't be the 1987 reprint because that one has a 50 cent cover price.

19,555 posts

If an Action 1 is listed on ebay it is a scam.

End of story.

1,575 posts

End of story.

+1000

39,347 posts

End of story.

UIKIKgr.gif

877 posts

End of story.

And the three million dollar copy ?