• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Action Comics #1 scam?

18 posts in this topic

look at the top and right edges of the picture, it's like the reprint zoomed in a bit and cropped out the rocks (on the right), and the headlight is way to close to the 10 cent price.

This reprint is one of the easiest to spot because of how far away the top of the "A" in Action is from the top of the comic.

No question that it's a reprint. Anyone who has basic knowledge of Action Comics #1 would recognize that instantly. Here's a link to the actual listing on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1-Superman-Comic-Book-/262562815558?hash=item3d21f69e46%3Ag%3Af6AAAOSwARZXmFYP&nma=true&si=W1lCTD7k8CtRZEDJ0%252BDgRbHfMz8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The winning bidder has 452 feedback, so not a newbie or a shill account. Must be someone who knows nothing about comic books hoping that it's an original.

I love the Question & Answer section on this one:

Q: This may be a stupid question, but is this the original 1938 version or a reprint? If it is the original, please send it to me and I will pay the $1000. Aug-04-16

A: Where do u want me to send it to On 8/4/16, 5:59 AM, jason6875 wrote: Details about item: jason6875 sent a message about Action Comics (#1 Superman Comic Book) #262562815558 This may be a stupid question, but is this the original 1938 version or a reprint? If it is the original, please send it to me and I will pay the $1000.

I love the Question & Answer section on this one:

Q: This may be a stupid question, but is this the original 1938 version or a reprint? If it is the original, please send it to me and I will pay the $1000. Aug-04-16

A: Where do u want me to send it to On 8/4/16, 5:59 AM, jason6875 wrote: Details about item: jason6875 sent a message about Action Comics (#1 Superman Comic Book) #262562815558 This may be a stupid question, but is this the original 1938 version or a reprint? If it is the original, please send it to me and I will pay the $1000.

Good idea asking for comic before payment. Notice seller doesn't even answer the main question.

This replica. It is Larger than the original. It measures 13.75 Inches x 10 Inches.

If I'm not mistaken 1987 Nestle Quick reprint

I think you're confusing the FFE with the Nestle. Here's the linformational ink I posted above:

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/fakes/

You'll also see that this can't be the 1987 reprint because that one has a 50 cent cover price.