• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 6

107 posts in this topic

Oh the hell with it, I'm running out of hairs to pull out of my head trying to double-guess these. :frustrated:

I found it easier if I look at what PGX would grade these as (9.8) and then figure out what grade they would have bought them at and go from there.

to use a golf analogy.... I hit one out of bounds and struggled to a triple bogey in the last round.

This round I feel as I may have hit a couple of good shots onto the green and am looking at a nice birdie putt !!!

Or just another triple bogey. (shrug)

Only 70 Grades in so far... :makepoint:

Could be strategy to sit out a hard round.

After a quick scan of the numbers board, as of last round of those who missed only round 5 dropped an average of 7 places while those who got their only double -1 from that round dropped an average of over 13 places. (numbers quickly crunched in my head may not be exact)

Seems that those who sit out a tough round might do better than some of those who try every round.

hm

Only 70 Grades in so far... :makepoint:

Could be strategy to sit out a hard round.

After a quick scan of the numbers board, as of last round of those who missed only round 5 dropped an average of 7 places while those who got their only double -1 from that round dropped an average of over 13 places. (numbers quickly crunched in my head may not be exact)

Seems that those who sit out a tough round might do better than some of those who try every round.

hm

This is a good point. Sitting out a round can be a strategy since you don't gain or decline from score from not submitting. In certain cases there's not even a downside to not submitting grades.

Maybe there should be a point deduction for not submitting grades? hm

Funny, I was thinking it might be fun to have 11 rounds and everyone must pick a *bye* round with no grades submitted for a round of their choice through round 10, throw a bit of randomness into the mix (and didn't like it, bad idea, and too complicated also).

[the "fun" part in this delusion of mine: you really couldn't know which would be the "hardest" round for you until hindsight so it adds bit of strategy to the mix; and you had to decide by round 10 or the decision would be made for you by ignoring your round 11 grades. And of course the games-keepers might make round 11 more of a 'gimme'. . . ]

Looks like I have a previous dinner engagement around 7pm my time... Results will be up later Sunday night. Reveal will happen at the normal time I think. (thumbs u

92 GRADES are in...