• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's never too early...EliteCon, March 12th, 2017...Embassy Suites, USF-Tampa FL
1 1

77 posts in this topic

We are now about four weeks away...getting down to crunch time.  We've added another two private collectors recently to our dealer pool, one who specializes in rare and retired Lego sets, and another who has an extensive 50-year comic collection to sell off.  Personally, even if we didn't have a single soul walk through the doors, I'm already very pleased with our assortment of dealers...and consider the room of items we're about to offer one I would personally be thrilled to see.   I've walked out of shows with much greater attendance that didn't have the breadth and depth of quality items that we're going to showcase.  

Hope those of you interested having been checking out our Facebook page...we've been posting informational videos and doing FB Live broadcasts, while giving away some great stuff.  We'll be doing a comic-central broadcast later this week, so be sure to Follow us and find out what we're all about.

Less than three weeks to go, and we've added a few more comic & comic art dealers.  It really is shaping up to be a terrific dealer room.  Also, don't miss out on our Facebook Live event this Thursday night, where we will be doing a couple of giveaways, but only those who have registered for tickets are eligible to win.  It's our way of thanking those who are coming out to support the show, which, again, is focused entirely on one thing: high quality collectibles and the collectors who pursue them.  If you are in Florida, or heck, anywhere within 500 miles of Tampa, this show is going to have more great comics, toys, art, action figures, Pops!, retired Legos, and other comic-related & Pop-Culture-related material than any one day hotel show has a right to.  22+ dealers and private collectors set up in a room where 95%+ of everything being offered is $50 and above.  But hurry, pre-registration ends in one week (2/28), and so do the benefits of registering early (a free con-exclusive t-shirt, a $20 value, for Gold and Platinum ticket holders, early entry into the room (9am) for Platinum attendees, and the 20% discount via Promo Code mentioned in a previous post on Gold and Silver tickets, etc.).  

If you are pretty sure you are attending, it only makes sense to pre-register.  

Thanks in advance to everyone coming out, we are working very hard to make sure this show serves the dealers who set-up at it, and the collectors who come out to support it.  We appreciate the support of everyone who is "buying in" to this niche concept and is committed, as we are, to seeing it come to fruition.

Edited by JiveTurkeyMoFo

Hi all,

I'm looking forward to attending the inaugural Elite Con. While I won't be setup, if there is something you'd like to see, please PM me and I can have it shipped down. I will also be actively buying so please lmk of anything you might have for sale. I will be there Saturday night and all day Sunday.

Best,

Greg

31 minutes ago, gregreece said:

Hi all,

I'm looking forward to attending the inaugural Elite Con. While I won't be setup, if there is something you'd like to see, please PM me and I can have it shipped down. I will also be actively buying so please lmk of anything you might have for sale. I will be there Saturday night and all day Sunday.

Best,

Greg

Thanks Greg.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again, hope you've been enjoying the Florida "Winter" (ha!).  We thank you for your support of the show and am optimistic you won't be going home empty handed.  :foryou:

5 hours ago, Sardo Numspar said:

Looking forward to the event. The South Florida Contingent of individual_without_enough_empathy Comic Book Collectors (the "TSFCOACBC") will be there in full force and effect.

Ever the Wordsmith my friend.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again.  I appreciate all the support from the South Florida crew.

This is going to be a great event! George and the Florida crew really know how to throw a Comic Book Party! 

I will have a booth set up there featuring a lot of my original art, a curio exhibit of unique Star Wars items along with a choice selection of Precode horror. 

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. ?

11 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Good luck with the show, wish I was closer, it sounds like a blast.  I love the idea of a show with a low admission cost, quality books to peruse and none of the  big show 3 ring circus .

Well, I don't know if we qualify for the term "low admission cost".  In fact, we went the other direction specifically to weed out the casual fan, and we think most serious collectors, once exposed to all the benefits our show offers, will willingly pay more to attend.  

We are doing our last Facebook Live event tonight at 8:30 pm EST on the EliteCon page.  We will be doing some giveaways, but you have to have purchased your ticket(s) to qualify to win.  I'll be giving away a Signed Limited Edition Hardcover of Chroma: The Art of Alex Schomburg tonight on the feed.  There is one on Amazon for $99, and another for $165, with none that I can find on eBay.  It's our way of saying thanks and rewarding those who are taking a chance on this new convention concept.  The winner can pick it up from me directly at the show.    This is the final days of pre-registration, and we encourage everyone who is thinking of coming to purchase their tickets early.  I really hope a Boardie comes away with this great giveaway.  

If you need the link to register for the show, it's right here.  

Alternately, we will be signing people up for the show at the Annual Emerald City Comics Yard Sale this Saturday, the 25th.  We'll have some high end collectibles on display that will also be available at EliteCon.  Neil Johnson, the Owner, has supported our show concept from the beginning, and if you sign up for the show in-store, we'll give you a $10 gift certificate to spend at Emerald City.    Its one of the ways we go out of our way to support the people who support us.

Thanks guys!  

9 hours ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

Well, I don't know if we qualify for the term "low admission cost".  In fact, we went the other direction specifically to weed out the casual fan, and we think most serious collectors, once exposed to all the benefits our show offers, will willingly pay more to attend.  

Sorry, guess I just assumed that a lack of pro guests would equal low admission prices.  And yes, if there's a room full of great collectibles the cost of admission isn't a factor.

Okay everyone...tomorrow is the final day for pre-registration.  After that, admission will only be available at the door on the day of the show, and you lose all the great benefits of pre-registering, including the free raffle ticket and Con Exclusive t-shirt for Gold & Platinum members.  You also lose the ability to get in an hour before everyone else (9am), since Platinum Passes are not available once pre-registration closes down.

In case you need a breakdown of benefits, here is what you stand to gain if you purchase a Gold ticket trough the website before 3/1 with the cgcgold Promo Code I gave out earlier in the thread:

Gold Ticket ($50) 

Minus 20% or $10 from cgcgold promo code.

Plus EliteCon Exclusive t-shirt (otherwise available for $20 at the door).

Plus (1) Raffle ticket in your choice of two Deluxe Giftbaskets worth $500+ each, (otherwise available for $5 each the day of the show)

So, in reality, you are paying $15 net to get into the best one day Dealer Room in Florida, and you can bring two short comic, or medium storage, boxes worth of material to sell/trade in our Swap Meet area.

The math looks pretty favorable to me....hope to see some Boardies out there.  :D

One week left to go....I'm almost done prepping for the show, just have my art and a box of misc. raw golden age left to price.  Otherwise, I have six boxes of certified toys done, an entire 6' wire rack of retired Legos, 3 boxes of raw Silver/Bronze/Copper keys and over 700+ slabs from $60-$20k+ ready to go for the show.

We are getting lots of good feedback, and know we'll have attendees from all over Florida next weekend.  If you are anywhere within 500 miles of Tampa, and you want a show that is 95% $50 and above premium items from the last 60+ years, give us a try...you won't regret it.  Thanks!

13 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

Man missed pre registration. What is cost at show and does anything come with admission at show? Just want to see if worth the drive

$25 for Silver Buyer's Pass, and $50 for the Gold, which lets you bring in up to two boxes to sell/trade in the Swap Meet area.  Sadly, our pre-registration promotions are over, but we believe the quality of the dealer's room is well worth the drive for anyone.  The comic and comic art representation is going to be very strong and diverse.

Love the idea.  I hope you guys have a great show.

Sounds similar/same realm as what Richie M does.   He'll rent a small room out at a hotel and set up a "one man show".  Invite only.  Brings higher end books and new stock to it.   No dollar box books or the like. 

3 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Love the idea.  I hope you guys have a great show.

Sounds similar/same realm as what Richie M does.   He'll rent a small room out at a hotel and set up a "one man show".  Invite only.  Brings higher end books and new stock to it.   No dollar box books or the like. 

Thank you for the kind words.  We've formulated this concept over the course of the last year after many discussions with dealers and collectors alike, and it's evolved into its current form.  I think it will continue to evolve as we get more feedback. We are also the first show (that I know of) that is sharing part of its gate directly with its vendors, the first to utilize a buyer's survey that is shared with it's dealers so they know exactly what the attendees are looking for, and the first to outright ban cosplay in any form...which is causing us a fair amount of flak on Facebook, but whatever.  Our focus is on the collectibles, and nothing else.  Hopefully, enough like-minded collectors will see the value in what we are trying to do and come give us a try. 

Edited by JiveTurkeyMoFo