• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Kenny Baker (R2D2)

12 posts in this topic

It sad to hear the news this morning that Kenny Baker has passed away. So fortunate that we had the opportunity to get to hang out with him alongside with my young son and good friends. Best memory was when his shoulders were starting to hurt him so my son started rubbing his shoulders while I tried to FaceTime my wife while she was in here bikini to help keep his spirits up. RIP my friend and see you later tonight when we watch Star Wars.

IMG_2299_zpslyoha9ig.jpg

This is sad, but not shocking news. He had been in poor health for a while. Lloyd Bailey just got a book or two signed at the SW celebration last month. Lloyd always enjoyed spending time with him. Kenny was always such a kind gentleman who loved his fans and sharing stories. He had the great fortune of being in several fantastic movies (along with Star Wars, The Elephant Man, Amadeus, Time Travelers to name a few) and worked with great directors, which says a great deal of his character and his abilities as an actor. He will be missed.