• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre wizard/ during Wizard Chicago sale George Hagenauer

1 post in this topic

It is time for Wizard World Chicago again -this time the 40th show since we started it as the Chicago Comicon. For the few people who are going I am at booth 509 in founders circle with Larry Charet.

We are also doing a Chicago Comicon 40th anniversary panel at 3:30 on Friday, Larry, Myself, Mike Gold Gary Calabouno and Maggie Thompson talk about what went on and what we had to do to run the show for 20 years!

And if you are not going and collect original art check out my CAF gallery as while it doesn’t cover everything I am taking t o the show, a bunch of the art In the sales gallery will not be there a week from now so if you want something put it on hold or buy it.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=4536

And with this being the 40th and with me moving (ie cleaning out files I am selling off most of what I have left from the promo material we did for the Chicago Comicon some of it is shown and priced on my CAF others if interested I can get you a list (need a well worn 30+ year old Chicago Comicon Dr. Who shirt -I got one!-cheap) my email is yellowkd at terracom dot net

The CAf gallery of Chicago Comicon stuff is up at http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=158011

There are also for art collectors sets of promo leaflets and partial art auction catalogs ( as we inevitably got donations at the con)

Most of this material is promo work for the various Chicago Comicon art auctions - it is not complete as there are some years where I have no copies at all of what we did- included are thank you notes promo sheets that sometimes list the art that was donated early - 2 leaflets for the Minnesota Con auction which is where we sold off everything that was left when Wizard took over and ended the auctions. And a few general Chicago con leaflets.

Most of this stuff Is 8 1/2 by 11 sometimes folded there are 11 different lots but they vary in price and number of items as I have more of some than others. The largest pack has 24 for $30 artists range from Neil Gaiman to Curt Swan to Herriman! The thank you notes were done in very small runs

Very probably some of this will sell out before the con so if you are going reserve it now and pick it up at the show

Bes tGeorge