• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eerie ashcan?
3 3

133 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

😩 this is an awesome mystery. Mine is passing all the tests.....where is that dude with the 63 criteria? Mine smells like cotton candy. Is that on his list? Haha 

Yes, yes it is! 😎

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Here's my copy. It has all the "second" print points.

20200608_203202.thumb.jpg.6819033069d6bf0018e67148edb9f826.jpg

See the Eerie on the back has heavy set ink.

20200608_203101.thumb.jpg.3099657443256d534b6af763ef6b1a8e.jpg

And the tell tale blue stripe on the staple.

20200608_203015.jpg

In many ways the blue staple counterfeit is so important now to the history of this book it’s a badge of honor to own one. It’s not an exact copy but an original copy done “in-house” with its own original markings that separate it from any copy or replica that followed.

So though it’s not a true second printing since there wasn’t one but it’s as close as you could get. It’s also old itself now appearing about only a decade after the original. 

I tip my hat to you for helping me get a “blue” copy back in my collection from the boards... 

8 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Guys please take a look at this....makes it a litte more interesting......its a replica off the first prinitng......but look at the house on Pg1.....

https://www.zomboscloset.com/zombos_closet_of_horror_b/2012/06/eerie-no-1-ashcan-edition.html

It does look a bit broken doesnt it. Then again blown up hard to look at clearly.

Yeah it looks like thee are white spots and areas that are missing......even more interesting is this one that sold on ebay yesterday.....its very similar to mine 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Eerie-Magazine-1-1st-print-vf-nm-RARE-ashcan-/392820708295?hash=item5b75f053c7%3Ag%3AXkEAAOSwVrxe09kU&nma=true&si=SjmrgUFbQMeixzc3CwqLN%2F90DWU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by SOLAR BOY

6 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Yeah it looks like thee are wgite spots and areas that are missing......even more interesting is this one that sold on ebay yesterday.....its very similar to mine 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Eerie-Magazine-1-1st-print-vf-nm-RARE-ashcan-/392820708295?hash=item5b75f053c7%3Ag%3AXkEAAOSwVrxe09kU&nma=true&si=SjmrgUFbQMeixzc3CwqLN%2F90DWU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Yep.

Solarboy I'm thinking you have an original one, just tough to tell in pictures.  In hand would be easier,  so just send it to me and I will inspect it and send you a copy...... oops! I mean send you YOU'RE copy. Whew.......😉

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Solarboy I'm thinking you have an original one, just tough to tell in pictures.  In hand would be easier,  so just send it to me and I will inspect it and send you a copy...... oops! I mean send you YOU'RE copy. Whew.......😉

Im thinking mine is a fake.....just send me $10 and ill mail you it and we can call it even :roflmao:

Just now, SOLAR BOY said:

Im thinking mine is a fake.....just send me $10 and ill mail you it and we can call it even :roflmao:

Deal!😁

Are the pages evenly cut , or a little off?

I dont know, more and more I'm thinking you have an original one.

8 hours ago, N e r V said:

In many ways the blue staple counterfeit is so important now to the history of this book it’s a badge of honor to own one. It’s not an exact copy but an original copy done “in-house” with its own original markings that separate it from any copy or replica that followed.

So though it’s not a true second printing since there wasn’t one but it’s as close as you could get. It’s also old itself now appearing about only a decade after the original. 

I'm happy to hear you confirm this---thank you.  

Edited by The Lions Den

8 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Guys please take a look at this....makes it a litte more interesting......its a replica off the first prinitng......but look at the house on Pg1.....

https://www.zomboscloset.com/zombos_closet_of_horror_b/2012/06/eerie-no-1-ashcan-edition.html

Yes, I'm sure I've seen this version before...not the original.

Edited by The Lions Den