• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eerie ashcan?
3 3

133 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, eccomic said:
With further adieu I present my FIRST STATE Eerie # 1 Ashcan with provenance from the Publisher himself James Warren and signed by the man himself.

IMG_5438.jpg

What a lovely curation of artifacts @eccomic just a phenomenal grouping of salivating pulpy paper goodness. 

Now there is a lot of story shown in your pictures there.  What is your story with this unique grouping?  Did you recently become custodian? 

Great stuff :applause:  Thank you for sharing.

7 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

What a lovely curation of artifacts @eccomic just a phenomenal grouping of salivating pulpy paper goodness. 

Now there is a lot of story shown in your pictures there.  What is your story with this unique grouping?  Did you recently become custodian? 

Great stuff :applause:  Thank you for sharing.

I recently became the custodian

23 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

I must extend my most hearty congratulations on this acquisition!  Having this level of documentation and endorsement from James Warren himself is just about the ultimate way to own this ashcan.  A rarity indeed.

Right! Well there's one copy that is authenticated. 👍

On 10/2/2020 at 7:29 PM, oakman29 said:

Right! Well there's one copy that is authenticated. 👍

Off topic do you own what’s in your new avatar?

At some point you should use the Oakman character as a avatar...

3D06AFA1-7AAB-44B7-A3F2-5F325C060DD0.jpeg.76687b6eb9085a1bdab8f0fa69fa8978.jpeg

53064123-4FDF-479B-AC70-7A124246F0BC.jpeg.b08bdcbcd295c0947ed6f22f83ad0d36.jpeg

E008452F-7BFE-432C-96AA-43F3CD43C591.jpeg.920fb36a15842cd2cb2e830598e42e34.jpeg

On 7/5/2021 at 8:59 AM, oakman29 said:

(worship) original

Sorry guys to pull this one back up. I was just checking up on old Eerie Ashcan threads.

Thank you….I knew mine was original…because of the story and trust I had with the seller. No warren signature or anything….but I love my copy. Thank you 

On 1/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, eccomic said:

My Eerie Ashcan has come back from pressing. I am extremely pleased with the results. I have also framed the book with the letters of Provenance in my comic mancave. :smile:

Eerie Ashcan AFTER PRESSING.jpg

IMG_9998.jpg

Qualifies as a once in a lifetime type of find, and deserves the showcase that you’ve given it. Congratulations once again, wonderful!  :luhv:

On 1/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, Artifiction said:

I wonder if whomever pressed it used isolated humidification to keep the signature ink from running/spreading. Sorry, just thinking out loud.

Awesome book!

The signature was not affected in anyway shape or form