• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephen King's IT (9/8/17)
1 1

171 posts in this topic

New Look At Pennywise In Stephen King's It Reboot

Warner Bros. has released a new look at Bill Skarsgård as the terrifying clown called Pennywise in the upcoming reboot of Stephen King’s It. The studio previously released a closeup of this personification of an ageless, otherworldly evil, but the new image gives us our first look at the full head-to-toe outfit. The costume has an archaic feel to it, looking more like Harlequin than a modern circus or birthday party entertainer.

“The costume definitely incorporates all these otherworldly past lives, if you will,” says Janie Bryan, the Emmy-winning costume designer who came up with the look, in an interview with EW. “He is definitely a clown from a different time.”

“There is almost a doll-like quality to the costume,” Bryant continues. “The pants being short, the high waistline of the jacket, and the fit of the costume is a very important element. It gives the character a child-like quality.”

pennywise-ew-00054120-194886.jpg

00002124511pennywise-190092.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

I just realized that is the brother of the actor that played Tarzan (Alexander Skarsgård) and his other brother that plays Loki in History Channel's Vikings series (Gustaf Skarsgård). Guess acting is in the blood.

Tim Curry made that movie, even though it was a cheesy TV movie. I suppose the costume is really no big deal, but I am not familiar with 1950's clown dress.

2FA0231C00000578-3370998-John_Wayne_Gacy_murdered_33_people_and_became_known_as_the_Kille-m-35_1451165161050.jpg

Still, anything is better than this

I just realized that is the brother of the actor that played Tarzan (Alexander Skarsgård) and his other brother that plays Loki in History Channel's Vikings series (Gustaf Skarsgård). Guess acting is in the blood.

sons of the great stellan skarsgard

sons of the great stellan skarsgard

:o

Wow!

9eca0894329a5d417daa790dcc1e76db.jpg

So this is supposed to be a two part movie, correct? The book is absolutely fantastic and I couldn't put it down many years ago. The unabridged version was both more in depth but frustratingly unnecessary at parts. Turtle shell through time anyone?

Love Stephen King books (It, Dark Tower series, The Stand...) so I'm definitely going to see this movie.

But this updated version of the clown is very not sitting well with me. They intentionally tried to make this clown look evil. The original clown was approachable. That's what made it so scary (when the kids realize the "oh F" moment).

No kid is going to walk up to this new clown and talk to him.

***Beep beep

Love Stephen King books (It, Dark Tower series, The Stand...) so I'm definitely going to see this movie.

But this updated version of the clown is very not sitting well with me. They intentionally tried to make this clown look evil. The original clown was approachable. That's what made it so scary (when the kids realize the "oh F" moment).

***Beep beep

I'm hoping they are showing the 'evil transition' version and that there will be a more trickster version where most kids would run to him for a balloon or laughs.

***Beep beep

I'm hoping they are showing the 'evil transition' version and that there will be a more trickster version where most kids would run to him for a balloon or laughs.

Good point. Ok, I'm back to loving this movie and everything about it :applause: