• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephen King's IT (9/8/17)
1 1

171 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

HOLY, was that a super movie!

When that clown started waving at the kid with another kid's arm while eating it...

:fear:

Real scary. I am glad there will be a sequel. Stephen King was at his peak when he wrote IT in the 1980s just like Alan Moore and Frank Miller were at their peak when they wrote Watchmen and Dark Knight.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

DEADLINE: ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218M+ Cume

New Line/Warner Bros.’ It is the obvious champ with an estimated $60M per the studio, -50%, an awesome hold in weekend two. That’s the second best weekend September has ever seen for a No. 1 title after It’s enormous $123.4M start. It just goes to show that the industry is still healthy (hear that Wall Street?), and that after the lulls of late July and August, great business boils down to great content.

Current B.O. through Sunday is now at $218.7M, and It will become the highest grossing September release ever, stepping over 1986’s Crocodile Dundee at $174.8M. This horror film is headed to $280M-$300M final stateside. It is now $14.2M away from overtaking Warner Bros. horror classic The Exorcist, reissues and all.

:whatthe:

:applause:

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'll never understand all the "love" for the original.   Yes, Curry was pretty good in it, but nothing else about it worked for me.  It looked like a cheap, made for TV movie (which it was!).   Dunno...I just never could watch anything with Jack Tripper in it and tale it seriously.  

1 hour ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I'm actually tearing apart my TV room looking for my copy of it. lol 

!!! I just rehooked up the vcr after scouring the flat for mine lol . re-watched it last night,as good as when I first saw it...when this came out,that I love posting...

CGkIlMZ.jpg

Having just seen the new movie on Saturday,it was great to revisit this.

Edited by porcupine48
shaddap.

12 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

!!! I just rehooked up the vcr after scouring the flat for mine lol . re-watched it last night,as good as when I first saw it...when this came out,that I love posting...

CGkIlMZ.jpg

Having just seen the new movie on Saturday,it was great to revisit this.

It also can be watched on Amazon demand in HD. They got it up there now.

'It' crowned as the highest grossing horror movie ever

Warner Bros. has announced their victory over the recent titleholder – THE EXORCIST – which finished at $232 million (unadjusted for inflation), while IT has added $3.4 million to its total as of Thursday to amass $236 million. By the weekend it will have rocketed beyond that total, and will even beat EXORCIST’s global haul of $441 million (IT currently stands at $404 million globally).

However, it is worth noting that, per Deadline, WB is taking the record into account from a “genre standpoint” while not considering other “horror hybrids” like SIXTH SENSE ($293 million), JAWS ($260 million) and I AM LEGEND ($256 million). SIXTH is considered drama-suspense, JAWS an action-suspense and LEGEND a sci-fi-fantasy-zombie flick. Of course, even those records are on-target for IT, as it’s predicted to make another $30+ million this weekend, putting it above JAWS and LEGEND, and by next weekend it will have passed, or be very close to passing, SENSE. In the end, IT is well-poised to pass $300 million by early October.

Rc5hR6H.png

I've been picking away on the 1990 miniseries all afternoon, between some outside stuff.

It's been a long while since I watched it.

When I first saw it, I just started high school and I could stay up longer for these kinds of events. I remember all the high school "watercooler" discussions after the first part the morning after.

For me it holds up enough, considering the fake spider at the end. I still enjoy the first part the most as I was close to those kid's ages when it first aired, but now that I am closer to the adult's ages and ponder my own life with regrets, I found new stuff to appreciate in it.

A TV classic!

Still.