• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephen King's IT (9/8/17)
1 1

171 posts in this topic

I'm a definitely a King fan. I read a heap of his books by the time I was 15. My mom hated that I read his stuff, but she was happy that I was at least reading.

I think Pet Semetary was the only novel that King regrets writing. 

This actually looks better than the original. Granted, I didn't see the original until I was an adult because I was a chicken-*spoon* back in '93...but this looks pretty good.

Pennywise looks a lot scarier than Tim Curry's cartoonish take on him.

12 minutes ago, Meeklo said:

This actually looks better than the original. Granted, I didn't see the original until I was an adult because I was a chicken-*spoon* back in '93...but this looks pretty good.

I remember watching this in my dorm room with eleven other people (counting me, it was 4 guys and 8 girls). I think when it first aired it was on for 3 nights and we were riveted. It's one of my favorite, sober, college experiences. I really hope this remake does the original justice.

13 hours ago, Meeklo said:

Tim Curry scared the :censored: out of me.  I was nervous to go to the bathroom for months because I might find a clown in the toilet.  I just hope this new Pennywise does as good as Tim Curry.

On 3/28/2017 at 10:19 PM, Darkowl said:

I'm a definitely a King fan. I read a heap of his books by the time I was 15. My mom hated that I read his stuff, but she was happy that I was at least reading.

I think Pet Semetary was the only novel that King regrets writing. 

Stephen King's IT is up there with Frank Miller's Dark Knight and Alan Moore's Watchmen as a classic.  

Yep ,the new movie looks like a good adaption of the King book. 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, DeadOne said:

I remember watching this in my dorm room with eleven other people (counting me, it was 4 guys and 8 girls). I think when it first aired it was on for 3 nights and we were riveted. It's one of my favorite, sober, college experiences. I really hope this remake does the original justice.

Yup, I remember the "water-cooler talk" about it during the next few mornings in Jr. High when it aired in 1990 (?).

I always thought The Stand was his last great mini-series, but enjoyed The Shining.