• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic collection has grown. posted by rougue

8 posts in this topic

When is a good time to grade?

I believe if you like it preserve it. In the past 12 month I have acquired around 180 comics. A pretty wide verity to say the least. X-men #3 lately at an antique mall. A 1951 Don Winslow from a local hole in the wall which is a pretty interesting place to visit to an issue 92 of The Walking Dead. I was intrigued with it because it was the first full appearance Jesus Christ.

I also acquired a Savage Dragon and a Spider-man with President Obama on the cover. Sending in 13 tomorrow for grading from 2.5 to 9.8, I hope. we will see.

See more journals by rougue

When is a good time to grade?

I believe if you like it preserve it. In the past 12 month I have acquired around 180 comics. A pretty wide verity to say the least. X-men #3 lately at an antique mall. A 1951 Don Winslow from a local hole in the wall which is a pretty interesting place to visit to an issue 92 of The Walking Dead. I was intrigued with it because it was the first full appearance Jesus Christ.

I also acquired a Savage Dragon and a Spider-man with President Obama on the cover. Sending in 13 tomorrow for grading from 2.5 to 9.8, I hope. we will see.

See more journals by rougue

Let us know the outcome!

the time to grade and what to grade is different for everyone

for myself it's less on the the preserve side and more bc i want a said run in 9.8, or it's bronze and back but higher grade, or it's key in some maner, or it's an accalimed story i want in 9.8 or it's a hot book and i happen to have it or it;s for sale now or down the road, or i like the cover, or i want a SS copy of the book, or its a hard to find book

lol i have a few different reasons to get a book graded as most people do and i bet if you really think about it you have more then just the "preserve" reason as well

currently i have close to 1k books to go for gradeing and i add/take away all the time. at one point i had all the DC 3D covers in and last month i took them all out and decided i didn't care about them being graded (and most i could pick up on ebay for around the price it would cost to grade them anyways)

...to an issue 92 of The Walking Dead. I was intrigued with it because it was the first full appearance Jesus Christ.

I'm thinking that's a different Jesus... :gossip:

If Jesus Christ was a character in The Walking Dead the story would be headed in a totally different direction. :foryou:

the time to grade and what to grade is different for everyone

for myself it's less on the the preserve side and more bc i want a said run in 9.8, or it's bronze and back but higher grade, or it's key in some maner, or it's an accalimed story i want in 9.8 or it's a hot book and i happen to have it or it;s for sale now or down the road, or i like the cover, or i want a SS copy of the book, or its a hard to find book

Same!