• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TFAW

24 posts in this topic

eeks, I just got a small order from them myself. Seems if the order is small they use those flimsy mailers and nothing else. Did you order bags/boards with the shipment???

no but I never have in the past and they've been fine...must be a one off

Posting dinged up copies received in the mail is fun if nothing else.

Edited by krighton

I've gotten some bad books from them before too, from shipping or just plain bad QC. They shouldn't use just those flimsy mailers though with no cardboard. Bad shipping practice no matter what the size of the order.

I had the same experience.. Ive placed around 5-6 orders with them in the past and noticed if you order under 5-6 books then they will arrive in a flimsy mailer (already had one arrived bent) but if you order more then 5-6 they will use a box. I remember one time pre-ordering an expensive variant from them which was in the $50 range.. I was worried about only ordering one book and how it would arrive so I called TFAW with my concern and past history of damaged items and asked if I could pay extra for shipping so that they could better protect the book but they weren't able to accommodate my request.. So I ended up adding another 6 books, that I didn't even want, I picked the cheapest books I could find, just so that my 1:50 variant would arrive safely. Well, that backfired since they were all preorders, half of the books arrival dates changed and my variant shipped solo and arrived in a flimsy mailer anyway :facepalm:

Edited by Cyber Warrior

I had the same experience.. Ive placed around 5-6 orders with them in the past and noticed if you order under 5-6 books then they will arrive in a flimsy mailer (already had one arrived bent) but if you order more then 5-6 they will use a box. I remember one time pre-ordering an expensive variant from them which was in the $50 range.. I was worried about only ordering one book and how it would arrive so I called TFAW with my concern and past history of damaged items and asked if I could pay extra for shipping so that they could better protect the book but they weren't able to accommodate my request.. So I ended up adding another 6 books, that I didn't even want, I picked the cheapest books I could find, just so that my 1:50 variant would arrive safely. Well, that backfired since they were all preorders, half of the books arrival dates changed and my variant shipped solo and arrived in a flimsy mailer anyway :facepalm:

I ordered 7.....anyways live and learn.

I ordered 7.....anyways live and learn.

Wow, they really jam those in there. Yeah I remember when i talked to them on the phone I asked how many books it would take before they use a box or something more protective.. they couldnt give me a definitive answer though, they just said it depends on the thickness of the books and if bags/boards are used (shrug) ..pretty much gave me the run around.

i have a weekly pull list from them that averages around $130-180 a week, they dont ship my stuff in flemsy envelopes mine always come in boxes all bagged and boarded and wrapped in plastic and then wrapped in paper and packed with packing peanuts.. never had a problem with them and have had a pull list there every week for over 5 years

I've gotten some bad books from them before too, from shipping or just plain bad QC. They shouldn't use just those flimsy mailers though with no cardboard. Bad shipping practice no matter what the size of the order.

100% agree.

I just had 5 books shipped paid for bags and boards 2 of them were so badly damaged i worte a email and took pictures just in case but i got a quick response and they rush delivered replacement and refund for the other since they said the last copy they had in stock was damaged and they let me keep the orginal dinged copies so not to happy with the mailer but the costumer service was A+ and kept me satisfied

I've bought from them a lot in the past with no issues. But, my last order of 15 magazine-sized comics were not bagged and boarded (even though I paid for it), and they were all shoved into one of the flimsy mailers instead of a box. Needless to say, all of the issues were beat to heck by the time they got to me since they were shifting around inside the mailer. Also, the inner wrapping paper was actually taped to the back of one of the comics.

They wanted pictures of the damage as well as the mailer which I provided. Then, they refunded me in full, said they talked to their shipping department about it, and apologized twice in different e-mails. I have other outstanding pre-orders with them. But, if this happens again, I'll cancel them.

This thread is dead sol I'll reanimate it.  So I stopped ordering from these -clowns about 2 years ago after I received a shipment from them of about 30 books, thrown into an over-sized box with NO protection, I mean nothing!  Needless to say, the contents were completely destroyed.  They were having a big sale so I just made a big order.  Regardless of the items being on sale, no product should ever be treated with such reckless abandon so as to just destroy it with horrible shipping.  Sent an email with pics blah blah blah, get the usual response from all online retailers/ebay sellers etc that they should have never been shipped like that, new worker in shipping dept blah blah blah.  They refund me totally but I still have a stack of books that I wanted/needed to complete sets and runs that are total trash; so I was back to square one which infuriates me to no end.  I stopped ordering from them after that as it wasn't my first bad experience with them.

Fast forward now 2+ years, the site has had a facelift and all so I decide to place some preorders on books I didn't already order somewhere else, or just hadn't pre-ordered at all yet as they have an extended window to do so after sites like DCBS have already switched to the next month's Previews listings.  Anyhow, I put in for 2 copies of Thor #5 that just came out and blew up, had order in 2 days before FOC according to the site, get allocated to 1 copy so I email them.  Of course the response "

Thank you for contacting us. I looked into this matter, and sadly this issue was allocated by our distributor, and we were not able to get in enough to fill all the copies ordered. Sadly we had no control over this matter, and could only get the one copy for you. I do wish there was more we could do to get this for you though. 

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.  If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us at any time, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.  Have a great day."

I'm calling wildly_fanciful_statement as it is,but didn't respond as I knew I would light him up for thinking I'm a troglodyte that just crawled out of the primordial slime in some cave.  Add insult to injury, the pre-order ends up just being 2 books sent in a stay flat mailer completely bent up and the books are not nice.  Best part is I have more books on pre-order with them that I'm pretty sure will get allocated because they will be HOT too, and will get smashed in the mail.  Can't control what comes out when, andhow many books ship in 1 pre-order so you are at a loss to do anything.  I'm just so tired up bad online retailers I could literally fng punch something.

Any other boardies have any recent dealings with TFAW??

Edited by gradejunky