• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TFAW

24 posts in this topic

I've been in the process of winding down with them. 

They haven't solicited several Spawn variants (302 D E and 306 D most recently) and that's the whole point of me preordering / subscribing with them. 

Not sure where I'm going just yet. 

DCBS has always been pretty good, except when they moved to TN for awhile and the sorters/handlers were pretty much mangling every book they touched.  The books you would send back for replacements never came etc.  Since they moved back they got a lot better again, but recently I've noticed another downturn starting again.  Their packing is always good but the vetting of books to weed out the mess before it is sent o the customers is getting bad.  I'm waiting on a response now about some books from my last order that were pretty bad.......still waiting.

M&M is pretty good in the sense that the site is usually on point with all the FOC covers and last minute solicits of later printings etc.  They do not offer bags/boards and the shipping, while pretty good if not quite confusing to open without destroying your books, is pricey-no flat rate really like DCBS.  

It is hard to get one really good consistent preorder house that covers all bases well TBH.  All I know is TFAW was, and still is trash.  They polished up their website, but that doesn't fix their tyness.  You can put lipstick and a wig on a hog but it is still a a hog.

I haven't ordered from TFAW in a while. I believe they are connected to Dark Horse. Usually I would get paperbacks and the occasional comic from them. Mostly Dark Horse stuff. Always bags and boards. No problems for me that I remember. I think they were always shipped in a box though.

I even remember reading somewhere that people didn't have problems with their nick and dent stuff. Which I was concerned about getting a nick and dent instead of a new comic or collected edition. I can't remember ever purchasing a nick and dent myself. But I do remember always getting good deals during their holidays sales.

I do want to get back to going to a comic shop. I have received damaged comics before from Midtown. But it was only once or twice. But I usually attempt to order a lot so I get a box and not a mailer from them. In my experience, mailers getting to you intact are really dependent on the mailing conditions. But if you go to a comic shop, there are no worries about condition when you pick your own comics. And even though there are only a few comic shops I remember really enjoying. I want to still find a good one and even start my own comic shop one day.

I've used TFAW for about five years for my monthly subscription. Ive rarely had issues with shipping from them. Maybe had a bent corner once or twice over the years. I have, however had issues in the last six months with random issues not arriving. Most recently Wonder Woman Dead Earth. Issue 3 arrived but i never received issue 2 and after i realized the mistake i turned to Ebay for a copy. Im new to my area and hope to transition to a local comic shop soon.