• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runaways greenlit for Hulu

33 posts in this topic

IRON FIST Writer Reveals Start On Hulu's RUNAWAYS

It would appear that the Runaways TV series from Hulu could possibly be hitting streaming devices sooner rather than later as Tamara Becher (who also worked on Marvel's Iron Fist collaboration with Netflix) just Tweeted that today marks the first day of her work on Runaways.

1Xce0wh.jpg

Just how many episodes Becher will be writing is currently a mystery although the timing of her announcement likely indicates that she's at the very least, writing the pilot.

Marvel’s Runaways gets working title and filming date

News on the show has been quiet ever since it was announced in August, but we’ve got some new and encouraging news – at last. The official working title for the series is Rugrats, as per a report from Production Weekly. Rugrats is a classic animation featuring a group of young kids, which is an obvious nod to the juvenile nature of Marvel’s set of characters.

News on casting and the actual storyline is sparse as of yet, but this development is a positive sign that these announcements are on the way. Another bit of news concerning the upcoming series is the rumoured filming date: which just so happens to be next month. Stay tuned to Heroes Direct for more news as it comes!

Has Hulu had any success making shows?

making? yes. Making them then getting them watched? hm...

I give them about 3 more years of existence until Disney buys Netflix and pulls out of Hulu entirely, and puts the entire Disney library on Netflix, including but not limited to all the Disney movies, all the shows that have every been on ABC or any of the ABC/Disney Family Cable channels, all the Marvel shows, movies, cartoons, and all the Star Wars stuff (and other Lucasfilm stuff), all the Pixar stuff, all the classic content, all the ESPN stuff (classic games, 30 for 30, boxing matches), A+E (Longmire and Bates Motel, whatup!), and Lifetime

that is a full EFFFFLOAD of content, and they can rotate shows and Disney movies to keep things fresh (they're obviously protective of their super classics).

Marvel & Hulu’s Runaways Series Premieres in November

Runaways-cast-for-Hulu.jpg?auto=format&c

Marvel and Hulu’s partnership will launch earlier than expected, as Runaways has been announced to start streaming this November. Marvel is joining forces with Hulu in an effort to continue and expand their reach. They have had two shows on ABC so far, and have rapidly grown content on another streaming platform, Netflix. Now, however, Freeform is actively developing a pair of new Marvel TV series, with Hulu also preparing to journey to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Cue Hulu ordering Marvel’s Runaways TV show concept to series.

Hulu has announced that Runaways will start streaming November 21, 2017.

6 hours ago, THB said:

Had to search for this thread........Loving the show so far.

I'm out of the likely target demographic, but I'm much more interested in this show than Punisher, and I've certainly read more Runaways comics than punisher..

8 hours ago, pjray55 said:

I have watched two of the three released episodes so far and am really enjoying it.  I have not read the run yet but it is making me want to go back and read those first 18 issues.

In have previewed the first three episodes.  Story and powers seem close to the original run, and I have heard it is supposed to be very faithful to the original run.  At this point it seems like a slower buildup than the books, and has added a lot of content to the parents which was not in the comics.