• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nominations for top 10 Planet Comics

20 posts in this topic

Eventually I will create a new thread and with a poll. In this thread I am looking for just a shout out nomination. Its ok to say a book that has already been said so pay no attention what others have thrown out there. If you like 1, 5, 30 and thats it, then just post that. Dupes are fine, but when I see that there are 25 unique nominations of individual issues, I will then crate a new thread with just those 25 Planet Comics as contenders. Perhaps then I could take the top 15 of that poll and run just one more and ask for a best 10 of the 15 thus giving a top 10. in no particular order cause Its got to be tough to crown just one book king or is it. I want nomination for best cover, not rarity or interior importance. Nothing but pure iconic, classic eye popping incredible use of color, good girl art, etc. There will be no crack option.

So who do you like? No limit on nominations.

...............my top 20:

13, 14, 19, 21, 23, 30, 33, 34, 39, 44, 53, 54, 55, 65, 66, 67, 69, 70, 71, 72, Weird Science 16

...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

70 is probably the most iconic sci fi cover of the early 50's. In my opinion it is just as good as the movie posters for Forbidden Planet and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

(thumbs u