• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does page quality matter

22 posts in this topic

Well. if it's certified...people are definitely buying the label since they can't inspect the book. In general most people pay a premium for white and avoid or bid more cheaply cream to off-white and worse. I think COW pages are more accepted with Golden Age but not with Silver and newer.

prefer OW or better on SA books, but, as you all know, today's C/OW is tomorrows OW, so PQ is toward the bottom of the list of things I look for when buying a SA book. (especially a high valued one)

my 2c

:gossip: but WPs always get some kind of bump

Page quality is very important to me.

Page quality is a pretty good indication of the overall health of the book. Of course I'd pay (a little) more for white pages. Who wants to deal with more paper degradation than they have to?

I do, however, think some sellers are going a little :screwy: with the surcharge.

prefer OW or better on SA books, but, as you all know, today's C/OW is tomorrows OW, so PQ is toward the bottom of the list of things I look for when buying a SA book. (especially a high valued one)

my 2c

:gossip: but WPs always get some kind of bump

+1000

I will avoid brittle/slightly brittle, but have no problem with CROW pages, especially when the price is lower because of it.

Brittle pages are a huge red flag for me. Based upon my time with GPA I'd say they can knock a golden age book down 50 percent or so at the same grade. For me it might as well be 90 percent.

+ 1

I guess it all depends on the person. Some people don't care at all, while others will only buy white pages. That being said, people tend to have different standards for what they will accept depending on the age of the book (GA vs. SA, etc.).

I spit on CR/OW pages, in any genre. Don't want 'em.

......or just resub them (youll have a pretty good chance at OW)

C/OW or OW, just about the same thing. Monday its Cr/OW, Tuesday its OW :makepoint:

Same can be said about the grade, yet no one seems to question paying the big bucks on an overgraded book. (shrug)

I collect primarily GA so anything at cream and above is fine with me. I've never bought a brittle or slightly brittle PQ book but then again I never bought a restored book (at least known prior to buying it) until about a month ago so maybe I will soon lol

As for SA I only buy WP. That way it takes me longer to actually find a book and I can save money :makepoint: