• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys will know better than me, does this look trimmed?

11 posts in this topic

I dont know if you ll be able to tell from the photos i supply (with my rubbish webcam) but i bought Sub mariner 66 raw off of ebay and recieved it in the post this morning.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6524108495&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

The front covor looks suspicious, i dont know if its been trimmed or not. Any of you guys able to shed a light on it?

Top edge

trimmed.jpg

Top Left Corner

trimmed3.jpg

trimmed2.jpg

Usually, trimming a book is intended to improve its appearance.

By this logic, it can't possibly be a trim job tongue.gif unless the person responsible got his/her guide dog to hold the knife.

Couldn't see why anyone would want to trim this book, anyway?

Thats what i was thinking. Usually when peopel try to restore a book they make it look better. In this case they didnt really suceed. Thing is, in the first picture see where that bit of the front page is missing. The lines aroudn the edge are almost dead straight as if someone cut it out. And the edges leading to the top of it are really neat. This is what led me to think maybe someone had taken a pair of scissors to the comic? I dunno. popcorn.gif

Usually, trimming a book is intended to improve its appearance.

By this logic, it can't possibly be a trim job tongue.gif unless the person responsible got his/her guide dog to hold the knife.

Couldn't see why anyone would want to trim this book, anyway?

Thats what i was thinking. Usually when peopel try to restore a book they make it look better. In this case they didnt really suceed. Thing is, in the first picture see where that bit of the front page is missing. The lines aroudn the edge are almost dead straight as if someone cut it out. And the edges leading to the top of it are really neat. This is what led me to think maybe someone had taken a pair of scissors to the comic? I dunno. popcorn.gif

Undoubtedly the $2 value in VG deterred them from sending the book off to a Susan Ciccone or Matt Nelson.

When you come to sell, I hope you'll be following a policy of full disclosure?

way to establish a tone of caring and comfort there, fellas.

oh, wait. what board am i on again?

no, that's not trimmed. i have had books with similar pieces out, and the razor sharpness of the slice edges is just coincedental

Looks trimmed to me...I'd return it for a full refund and neg the sunofaperson_without_enough_empathy....lousy freakin' ebay scammers... sumo.gif

A whole £0.10!

What the 893censored-thumb.gif is that?

About 15 cents? 27_laughing.gif

Looks trimmed to me...I'd return it for a full refund and neg the sunofaperson_without_enough_empathy....lousy freakin' ebay scammers... sumo.gif

A whole £0.10!

What the 893censored-thumb.gif is that?

About 15 cents? 27_laughing.gif

Dont forget the 1.50 postage. neaerly bankrupted me that did wink.gif