• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,225 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2018 at 12:29 PM, Hap Hazard said:

When one is collecting comics it always starts with a few sample issues then you find a dealer who has a lot of one title and then that pushes you a long to finish a run. With current prices though that's a lot harder to do back in the early 90's most pre-codes were only 20-30 dollars each. Below my TFTC run.

tales from the crupt run (2).JPG

NICE!  At one time I had a complete EC run ALL of them including the pre-trend funny, war, crime, romance ect and even the Picto Fiction mags. When the reprints came out, I sold off most of them just keeping 3 or 4 per title that I loved to buy stuff that wasn't reprinted. I missed them so I started another collection, got about half, lost interest and sold them off again. Now I'm working on my keeper set. There is just something about ECs that I can't stay away from. I currently have a little over half of the Crypts and keep buying them when the right copies come my way. 

The kindness of the boardies always just blows me away. The last issue of this title I needed turned up for sale here. Of course, I missed it. A certian boardie realized I needed this one last one and he graciously let me have it. Thanks Ben, I owe you one!

FINALLY, I've completed my ratty run of Strange Mysteries! Not too many I still need for my PCH collection so even a beater to complete a run is a big occasion for me. Was fun to read these again in the process.

comstrangemysteriesrun.jpg

18 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The kindness of the boardies always just blows me away. The last issue of this title I needed turned up for sale here. Of course, I missed it. A certian boardie realized I needed this one last one and he graciously let me have it. Thanks Ben, I owe you one!

FINALLY, I've completed my ratty run of Strange Mysteries! Not too many I still need for my PCH collection so even a beater to complete a run is a big occasion for me. Was fun to read these again in the process.

comstrangemysteriesrun.jpg

Those are not so easy to complete :headbang:

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Yes, surprisingly hard especially nice grade. Other than one or two, these are in the fair to vg range. Cheaply printed in Canada. Nice to at least finish them off...

Big congrats! That's a great run of comics. Ratmen of Paris!! ?

Edited by Darth Corgi

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Keep plugging fifties, you will land 'em all eventually. Took me quite a while though. #21 (last issue) was the last one I got. Sure glad I got #11 and #12 back when they were cheap.

Thx RM.  Just missing 3 & 4, but kinda burned out from trying to complete runs at this point, so really not actively hunting for that purpose.  Just bidding now occasionally on whatever grabs my attention, lol.

WARNING …………… DOUBLE POST …………………….. :whee:

I had originally thought this would be for inventory.... the higher priced and slower moving tier, but I found out that this was an OO copy that belonged to Danny Boy's father ...which is very cool. It came yesterday, and while GorgoGuy said it was real sharp for the grade, I wasn't prepared for the In Hand Experience. This book has two tears, back cover, about an inch for each, on a book that is pushing 8.5 otherwise. It's gorgeous … I may have to sleep with it for a couple of nights  GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

WITCHCRAFT 5 ....CGC 5.5.jpg