• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Got this yesterday. Creepy vampire spider cover. Haven’t read it yet but thumbed through it. ACG usually gets panned by me for weak horror content but this looks like a real wild example of the genre. 

5ED05E43-2E52-48DF-A587-701C20B1E272.jpeg

They tended to focus less on gore and more on atmosphere on their horror covers. Ken Bald’s covers stood out in particular:

DUwOMk6.jpg

Edited by Electricmastro

Electricmastro, it seems that you have been flooding some of these threads with covers and pages scanned from the net.  Far be it from me to criticize, but it would certainly be more genuine to display fare from your own collection, which is pretty much the way I believe most of us do.

40 minutes ago, fifties said:

Electricmastro, it seems that you have been flooding some of these threads with covers and pages scanned from the net.  Far be it from me to criticize, but it would certainly be more genuine to display fare from your own collection, which is pretty much the way I believe most of us do.

Was never my intention to genuinely claim any of those were mine, and apologies if I gave off that impression. I suppose I’m not like the rest of “most of us” in the sense that my intention is being more keen on the appreciation of art and sharing the art for others to enjoy where and when it’s appropriate. I feel confident that I’m going about it fine, but that said, if it turns out that it’s truly inappropriate to go about sharing art the way I do, then in that case perhaps it would be more appropriate to be redirected to a more appropriate thread, if not, website, and go about things there and have less confusion here as a result. Otherwise, I’ll just be going about enjoying myself the way I have, which some others seem to enjoy as well, and leave it at that. In any case, thanks for the message. :)