• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

sorry no link, but did you guys see the ending results on ebay for that very tanned copy of Amazing Mysteries 32. I knew the ending price would be strong but with the condition of the book it went above what I had estimated. And that made me wondering how rare is this first Atlas Horror book. Lets see how many are owned by board members.

Here's mine purchased about 25 years ago.

167572.jpg.101b70d7da195ac9e183603f04e0a396.jpg

Edited by Hap Hazard

Classic Everett!Spellbound142.jpg

There's actually one FS over in the sales thread. :gossip:

This is such a creepy cool cover!! I saw the one for sale and said "ooh, I wouldn't mind owning that,".... but then saw the price and will have to pass on that one at this time! Haha But wow, I have been spending the majority of my time in the fiction house/Planet threads but will have to stop by here regularly too! :)

sorry no link, but did you guys see the ending results on ebay for that very tanned copy of Amazing Mysteries 32. I knew the ending price would be strong but with the condition of the book it went above what I had estimated. And that made me wondering how rare is this first Atlas Horror book. Lets see how many are owned by board members.

Yeah saw that. My theory was that someone needed the interior to marry to a cover but who knows? (shrug) I don't have a 32 but do have this baby!

AmazingMysteries33CGC50_zpseb2f82c9.jpg

Yeah saw that. My theory was that someone needed the interior to marry to a cover but who knows? (shrug) I don't have a 32 but do have this baby!

Hey old friend! :hi:

Hey old friend! :hi:

:hi: oh, you meant the book... :sorry:

:kidaround:

Not the nice shape yours is, but I have a nice 3/4 cover remainder copy of this, one of my favorite type of GA books to buy! :)

Classic Everett!Spellbound142.jpg

There's actually one FS over in the sales thread. :gossip:

And to think, 3 years ago I could barely get $150 for a nice F/VF. Even worse, I solid it.

Well, if it makes you guys feel better, I still don't own a copy! Been blown out of the water a couple times trying to get one. It happens! :)

2 of the 3 comics belong in this thread. The one that doesn't I doubt I'll get any complaints.

These are not my comics but belong to a friend who bought these 40 years ago and they are not for sale. When I asked what he thought the FAC 20 would be worth he said $2000. I said he was off a little.

I'm sending them to CGC so I get to enjoy them until they head for a vacation in FL.

I thought you fellow geeks would like to see them.

2017-01-23-0002_zpsx8ifqj4x.jpg

2017-01-23-0001_zpsd5nxkn6v.jpg

2017-01-23-0003_zps3lt1gsku.jpg

2 of the 3 comics belong in this thread. The one that doesn't I doubt I'll get any complaints.

These are not my comics but belong to a friend who bought these 40 years ago and they are not for sale. When I asked what he thought the FAC 20 would be worth he said $2000. I said he was off a little.

I'm sending them to CGC so I get to enjoy them until they head for a vacation in FL.

Thanks, Leroy. Just have CGC ship them back directly to me. No sense you spending the extra on postage... :/

Your friend had good instincts.