• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Suspooks?  Horror-Crime maybe?  To compete with Police Thrills?

The three titles Ajax-Farrell had going were Voodoo, Haunted Thrills, and Fantastic Fears.  The other four titles were never published.

11 hours ago, fifties said:

The three titles Ajax-Farrell had going were Voodoo, Haunted Thrills, and Fantastic Fears.  The other four titles were never published.

And “Strange” may be referring to Strange Fantasy as well, as the logo is the same.

0.jpg

Edited by Electricmastro

38 minutes ago, Electricmastro said:

And “Strange” may be referring to Strange Fantasy as well, as the logo is the same.

0.jpg

That's a valid point, and to add, I noticed that one of the books in RM's sales thread was for "Strange", with the first page having an obvious Igor House artwork.  I looked online, and sure enough, they did a 1957 post code series with that title, for a half dozen or so issues.

56 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

The Unseen collection completed, I had been looking for a copy of issue 12 for sometime to finish the run after being outbid on ebay a few times I found a low grade copy on

My Comic shop. So after probably 30 years I have completed the 15 issue run of the Unseen!. Enjoy...

Congrats!! Great title to complete- you gonna lay em all out and give us a group pic?
I've been one issue away from completing a run of a Cole title for years, and I just received notice that a book is available- but the guy knows how much I want it... waiting for his price...

On 3/7/2020 at 12:23 AM, Electricmastro said:

Myron Fass art highlight from Tales of Horror #2 (September 1952, Toby Press):

11.jpg

Honestly, with the housing market the way it is I think this is the only way I might be able to afford to buy something. Sure, you get a monster, but you also get a pool AND a built in security system. Value!

37 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

I probably bid against you at some point in trying to get a copy of this book. Your copy looks real nice!

Mine was part of a board deal from an OO collection that included this book also.

9C4AC2BB-9E2B-440E-B27D-3CA13B9DB552.jpeg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I'll see that run of Unseen and raise you Out of the Shadows and Adventures into Darkness as well. All, very fine PCH fare!

comunseenrun.jpg

comoutoftheshadowsrun.jpg

comadvsintodarknessrun.jpg

I didn't mention that by getting the Unseen 12 it completed my Standard Horror run, I'd completed Out of the Shadows and Adventures into darkness probably 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Different publisher. Let's not start this up again...

LOL, I didn't have a full run of Out Of The Shadows (missing #13), so threw in another publisher's title.