• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 10 Results

49 posts in this topic

Thanks to Andy and Shin for putting this on, as a first time participant it was awesome.

Congrats to TheGeneral for pulling through first place.

Also thanks to everyone that donated a prize :applause:

Sam

michael-jordan.jpg

Happy to finish #23 (with far fewer 5's than the rest of the 19th place group).

last years awards....

was trying to find last years spreadsheet to see if I did better or not-- but it appears that final thread no longer has the data images.

Best I could do was find the prize selection list- to reveal I was right that I finished 24th last time:

note: this list might only show the top 64 places (number of prizes last time) but I did not count them

toro

Azkaban

LordRahl

TheGeneral

timern

KPR Comics

rjpb

comicdey

JazzMan

canickus

yoddler

thunsicker

mccollect

Mio

aasparky1000

makeminemego

AJD

UncannyX-Force

HighStakesComics

drewincanada

Red_Hood

BlowUpTheMoon

Scturo

01TheDude

SonOfWolF

Montezuma

spidermanbeyond

Fantastic Thor

Spidey-fan73

ARK

godquest

Zalgardos

eeb03

427Impaler

DeadOne

Thanos88

snowman28

jaeldubyoo

iceman399

DavidTheDavid

W16227

jimbo_707

Conan_Aficionado

*Bronze age fan*

fiberbiskit

paul747

zuulioso

joe_collector

bighairjer

old_dano

wipple

comicwiz

mr_highgrade

Spyder!

topofthetotem

camper49

Hado

jaybes

letsgrumble

s-man

Shark

CxG Voodoo Doll

oakman29

stanley1883

Lavaman

don't forget the Bonus Prize: $10 store credit with mycomicshop.com to all contest participants who complete 100% of the contest (no skipped submissions). Redeemable when the contest is over by PMing mycomicshop from your account that participated in the contest. -donated by mycomicshop

don't forget the Bonus Prize: $10 store credit with mycomicshop.com to all contest participants who complete 100% of the contest (no skipped submissions). Redeemable when the contest is over by PMing mycomicshop from your account that participated in the contest. -donated by mycomicshop

They stepped up the game (worship) I think it would be fun for them to have graded the books cause they would have under graded everything.

Really? Class act donating a prize to the prize thread and doing this. (worship)

AAUGH.jpg

If I only would have skipped this round I would have been tied for 5th.

Congrats to TheGeneral, spectacular grading! Congrats to grebal too for going the whole way without a negative.

Most importantly to our Batman and Robin, Andy and Shin! Great contest! You guys put up with a lot of grief from all of us and just want to let you know the work you put in is truly appreciated!

But there is no way that Daredevil #1 is a 6.0 lol Hey I have to complain once in awhile. :grin:

I thought you were going to take it again going into this last round. I agree with you on the DD, my DD 1 undercopy is way better than this one is a CGC 5.5...

Congrats to the General - an awesome job... (worship)

And I personally will never recover from that Krazy Comics #75... :insane:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I look forward to doing this every year, and this one was pretty darned exciting. Very dramatic finish!

Many thanks to sckao! You really have no idea of the level of commitment he gives every year, when he reluctantly says he'll help me out. lol

Truthfully though, this would be a real mess without him. Thank you, Shin! You're the best, and I mean it. (thumbs u

Now get some rest. :baiting:

I really hope Shin's folks are doing well.

Quick question, about that awesome prize you donated FF #5, what page is missing? [Not that I'll have a chance at it, and not that I'd grab if I could. ; )]

My father's doing much better, thanks! :acclaim:

Many thanks to sckao! You really have no idea of the level of commitment he gives every year, when he reluctantly says he'll help me out. lol

Truthfully though, this would be a real mess without him. Thank you, Shin! You're the best, and I mean it. (thumbs u

(worship) So true!

nice job everyone!

almost nailed both books

avengers 9.0 was close but no cigar

nailed the DD 1 at 6.0 (helps when you have seen so many of them while dreaming of getting a grail book)

Same grades here...happy to finish on the upswing last 4 books...all positive and my highest 2 book score of the tourney. CONGRATS to the General and the other top finishers!