• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent acquisitions, etc.

1 post in this topic

I thought I would post some of the interesting books I pick up at conventions and the LCS. Since I collect GGA, precode horror, precode romance, GA superhero when I can get them, mainstream books, marvel price variants, other rare variants, keys in general, etc., there is always an interesting mix...

For my first post, I'd like to post my pickups from the Terrificon held at Mohegan Sun last weekend. I went on Saturday and picked up a lot of books I really didn't go there to find.

20160821_175345_zpshpclayed.jpg

In the top left is a low grade copy of the Pressman variant of Uncanny X-Men 297. This is not a book you find often and since it is lower grade, the price was not in the multiple hundreds of dollars and I pounced on it.

Moving right is a decent copy of Shazam 25 featuring the first appearance of Isis. This is a book I try to get whenever I can find it for a decent price.

I also got a good deal on a Superman: The Man of Steel 17 featuring the first appearance of Doomsday. I still think this book is kind of underrated.

I found a copy of the White Trash variant of Dawn #1 that I have been looking for for over twenty years. It's not THAT hard to find but I never found a copy I wanted to spring for until last weekend.

3-D zone 16 featuring Space Vixens by Dave Stevens. Yes.

A VF copy of Marvel Spotlight 28 featuring the first solo Moon Knight story. A cool book to add.

On the next row is the second printing of Fantastic Four 371 which features a rather unique red cover. This copy is also signed with a COA.

Wildcats 1 Gold edition. You don't see that everyday and these books that used to sell for good money go so cheap right now...wait for it...

Spiderman 2099 newsstand or second print, I am not sure which. But it has the white cover that so many covet.

A tough to find Iron Man 44 in VF/NM shape. This picture frame book is exceedingly rare in high grade and I am happy to add one to my collection.

Harbinger 0 pink variant. This book is hard to find and I finally found one for a price I was willing to pay for it. Sweet!

And absolute Vertigo featuring the first appearance of Preacher. Not a book I was looking for at all but a cool one nonetheless. And I didn't have the money on me for the Preacher 1...

Thanks for checking out my findings!

There will be more to follow soon!

See more journals by PeterPark