• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Were both endings to Batman Death in the Family completed

17 posts in this topic

Y'all are savages for killing him.

It was all 1 guy :(

The Joker, you mean...?

;)

No. Denny O'Neil said he had heard that a fan had cast hundreds of votes by using a program on his computer to power dial the number for Die. http://www.thefeedbacksociety.com/books/where-is-robin-in-the-movies/ Given that the vote was split by only 50 or so votes, that one person killed Robin.

Y'all are savages for killing him.

It was all 1 guy :(

The Joker, you mean...?

;)

No. Denny O'Neil said he had heard that a fan had cast hundreds of votes by using a program on his computer to power dial the number for Die. http://www.thefeedbacksociety.com/books/where-is-robin-in-the-movies/ Given that the vote was split by only 50 or so votes, that one person killed Robin.

I was JK. If true, then one person killed Robin. Whichever way you look at it, that voting was pretty tight. From the article...

All of this is arguable, of course, but with over 10,000 votes and a difference of only 72, it’s clear that all the fans don’t hate Robin as much as we’re sometimes led to believe.

No they don't.

That one jerk lead to several years of angsty, depressed, nearly unreadable Batman stories that just happened to come out right when I started reading comics. Yay

That one jerk lead to several years of angsty, depressed, nearly unreadable Batman stories that just happened to come out right when I started reading comics. Yay

The story of someone changing the results of the vote all by himself sounds like an urban legend to me. The call wasn't free. Even if the story was true the fault or blame if you feel the need to place it should fall nowhere but on DC.

If its an urban legend, its a 20 year old one. I heard the same story years and years ago..

Well that is what an urban legend is. A story that everyone has heard all over North America. There are no specific names or places attached to this person. There is no proof or way to disprove either.

These days such a mystery wouldn't last. The story would go viral and be proven or disproven within days.

The story of someone changing the results of the vote all by himself sounds like an urban legend to me. The call wasn't free. Even if the story was true the fault or blame if you feel the need to place it should fall nowhere but on DC.

No, I'm going to blame the guy who killed Robin. Murdering lol

It was 50 cents a call. The belief was that he placed around 200 calls. That would run about $100 in 1988 so about $200 today. Not exactly prohibitively expensive.

No, I'm going to blame the guy who killed Robin. Murdering lol

Rest easy. Karma caught up to him on his honeymoon when thieves broke into his hotel room and stole everything but his camera and toothbrush.