• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

The good thing is that your bids live on indefinitely -- with the hammer price -- in your bid list, even long after the auction page itself has poofed. Very handy, given that CLink doesn't report to GPA.

yup

I figured, that's why I ended up bidding on about 50 items.

The good thing is that your bids live on indefinitely -- with the hammer price -- in your bid list, even long after the auction page itself has poofed. Very handy, given that CLink doesn't report to GPA.

This is a good point, as I've had to link to the page when selling some of my books to show that the price had actually gone up as much as it did when it didn't show on GPA.

I guess now would probably not be a good time to be putting in tracking bids because they could turn out to be mighty expensive. lol

I threw down bids Saturday, but even then some books I would have liked to have tracked were already well over what I'd be willing to pay. If I won everything with my lowballs it would be expensive, but I'd be getting deals galore. I expect only a handful at best will hold to the end.

I guess now would probably not be a good time to be putting in tracking bids because they could turn out to be mighty expensive. lol

If I won everything with my lowballs it would be expensive, but I'd be getting deals galore. I expect only a handful at best will hold to the end.

Are you sure you can afford that $60K+ tracking bid you threw down on the Action 13 if it held to the end? :blush:

If I won everything with my lowballs it would be expensive, but I'd be getting deals galore. I expect only a handful at best will hold to the end.

Are you sure you can afford that $60K+ tracking bid you threw down on the Action 13 if it held to the end? :blush:

Nothing that bad, though I'm currently high bid on one five figure book that would be way more than I've spent before.

I have 3, possibly 4 I am going for, but one I really want. I am coming to grips with the ever increasing interest in what I am interested in and how that disheartens me as a buyer :sorry:

I know exactly what you mean. You also can't know whether that interest will be sustained long term. I've taken a bath on enough books to make me reluctant to buy anything that's hot at the moment.

I have 3, possibly 4 I am going for, but one I really want. I am coming to grips with the ever increasing interest in what I am interested in and how that disheartens me as a buyer :sorry:

I know exactly what you mean. You also can't know whether that interest will be sustained long term. I've taken a bath on enough books to make me reluctant to buy anything that's hot at the moment.

No truer words have been typed :preach:

Thats why ya gotta stick to buying what appeals to you and avoid buying for speculative reasons.

Thats why ya gotta stick to buying what appeals to you and avoid buying for speculative reasons.

True enough, but part of the dynamic is that the hot books get shown more and talked about more ... and before you know it, they become the books that appeal to you. :D

True enough, but part of the dynamic is that the hot books get shown more and talked about more ... and before you know it, they become the books that appeal to you. :D

A vicious cycle

Dare ya to start talkin' about westerns!

I know many collectors who this has happened to as well so you are not alone which is why I dont buy anything thats 'hot' unless i can get it for a very good price. My general advise is to not always follow the crowd and to buy what interests you. However there are several Golden Age books at the moment that are very reasonably priced indeed that have plenty of room for growth. They are currently at a price where you would not be taking a bath if i was wrong which i dont believe i am.

I know many collectors who this has happened to as well so you are not alone which is why I dont buy anything thats 'hot' unless i can get it for a very good price. My general advise is to not always follow the crowd and to buy what interests you. However there are several Golden Age books at the moment that are very reasonably priced indeed that have plenty of room for growth. They are currently at a price where you would not be taking a bath if i was wrong which i dont believe i am.

Unfortunately, the only thing that really interested me for the last 3 years is the thing that seems pretty hot right now- of course, maybe comics are just hot in general. I like atomic age good girl books the best and have for a few years (with NO concern about the marketplace interest or what was hot involved in that interest). Seems that is a pretty growing interest lately. That's cool, I guess. At least I don't have to have every copy of Mystery Men (although there are a handful I would love).

Really, I should just buy more Jungles. They have the art I like and are not going through the roof...yet.