• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

Beautiful high grade Four Colors going for big bucks. Yes I said four color.

Indeed! Good to see. Color me surprised!

Not sure if its big bucks, but depends on how you look at it.

Although the prices were high, most of them still did not manage to hit condition guide prices which they probably should have, since virtually all of them were either pedigree copies or file copies. (shrug)

Or maybe (actually not maybe) Guide is too high.

:cloud9:

Mystic18.jpg

Beauty, what did it end up going for Dan?

$1755. I am really a bit stunned. So very happy though.

That was cheap.

...... that's what I thought.... I didn't do anything but put in a tracking bid.... figuring it would hit 3K...... It's one of the best Atlas books. Still, a far cry from the Fine plus that I stupidly passed on about 5 years ago @ $ 190. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mystic18.jpg

That was cheap.

I'm pretty sure that's the same copy that sold as a CGC 6.0 a year and a half ago on HA for nearly 2400. It looks like it was pressed. It definitely looked undergraded as a 6.0 before pressing, which is why I'm guessing it went for so much then. Nice to see it still listed as having white pages, worth a premium on their own.

Very decent price!

Mystic18.jpg

That was cheap.

...... that's what I thought.... I didn't do anything but put in a tracking bid.... figuring it would hit 3K...... It's one of the best Atlas books. Still, a far cry from the Fine plus that I stupidly passed on about 5 years ago @ $ 190. GOD BLESS...

Reminds me of the 6.5 I sold on the boards 7 years ago for $220. :cry:

At least I realized the error of my ways and picked up a replacement before the price went through the roof.

Mystic18.jpg

That was cheap.

I'm pretty sure that's the same copy that sold as a CGC 6.0 a year and a half ago on HA for nearly 2400. It looks like it was pressed. It definitely looked undergraded as a 6.0 before pressing, which is why I'm guessing it went for so much then. Nice to see it still listed as having white pages, worth a premium on their own.

Very decent price!

No, no no no. And no! Original owner collection. I sent it for grading.

Mystic18.jpg

That was cheap.

Very decent price!

Sorry to impune your book. I was looking at scans of the two yesterday and they have a number of flaws/ ticks in the same places. It's a lovely book.

Mystic18.jpg

That was cheap.

Very decent price!

Would love any history on the book. I think it looks amazing - white pages really is remarkable.

Mystic18.jpg

That was cheap.

Reminds me of the 6.5 I sold on the boards 7 years ago for $220. :cry:

At least I realized the error of my ways and picked up a replacement before the price went through the roof.

Reminds me of the Chamber of Chills #19 in VF condition I sold to October about 10 years ago for under $200. :cry:

I'm ok with that because I had just picked up a 9.4. :cool:

Mystic18.jpg

That was cheap.

Very decent price!

Would love any history on the book. I think it looks amazing - white pages really is remarkable.

It was in a long-held collection from upstate NY, that's all I know about it.

Bunkered in. 3 bids holding on. Won't be around to watch it play out. :wishluck:

Definitely wish you luck.

I am bidding on only one book, but in light of recent prices harder to get horror books are fetching I think I have no hope.

Everything left all past my max bids. I seem to do better in the the earlier part of multi-day auctions, as it seems like people start going higher on later books after being outbid on earlier ones.

Everything left all past my max bids. I seem to do better in the the earlier part of multi-day auctions, as it seems like people start going higher on later books after being outbid on earlier ones.

Prices do seem really strong tonight...

$15,000 for a Pep 34 6.0? Someone REALLY must want that book....WOW!

That does seem :ohnoez:

IMHO That book is 'entering' Suspense 3, Fantastic 5, Punch 12, Tec 31 territory. It's showing no signs of slowing up.

IMHO That book is 'entering' Suspense 3, Fantastic 5, Punch 12, Tec 31 territory. It's showing no signs of slowing up.

I think you are right. And with only three copies graded higher, I think that's a reasonable price for someone (and there were at least two!) who wanted a nice looking copy.