• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley Quinn self titled most sought after variants

60 posts in this topic

Was going through the different Harley Quinn series and was wondering what would be the most sought after Variants in her self titled series only. These are the two I came up with...

Harley Quinn 2013 Adam Hughes Variant

37ABA76C-4501-4FB5-92C0-C8BAC45C7EF2_zpsgm31xqv7.jpeg

Harley Quinn 2016 Michael Turner/Aspen Ultimate Puddin Variant

17397D27-9025-4DF1-8404-FA4F1358FD39_zpsrh3qwply.jpg

Anything else?

Infinite Crisis: Fight for the multiverse #1 HQ variant by Dodson

ws01zs.jpg[/img]

BA12 Fan Expo Megacon Foil variant

35bblhk.jpg[/img]

BA12 Fan Expo Toronto Foil variant

2r4lzc1.jpg[/img]

I'll keep thinking.

I agree I don't like the Puddin' variant either. I love Turner's work and I don't approve of the alterations. They should have kept the sketch cover as the rare one and kept it at that. Instead they pumped up the print runs on the color and the sketch and made the worst looking cover the rare one. meh.

My prediction has come to fruition that the pink Del Otto variant is now the most valuable from the new series. Kind of saw that one coming. It's the rarest, it looks nice, and it's from a popular artist. That one has been ranging from $180-$220 lately while the Puddin' variant has dropped significantly.

Keep an eye on the latest Ashley Witter variant. It almost snuck by me. They did the color/b&w with the usual 3000/1500 print runs. However, now they also did what they are calling "hybrid" color picture of Harley with a b&w background. It is limited to 1000. They are only $15 if you buy directly from the seller's ebay store. The seller is AOD Collectables. It is a Canadian seller so shipping is more than normal and delivery time isn't great but the price seems good for a nice looking cover and low print run.

I agree I don't like the Puddin' variant either. I love Turner's work and I don't approve of the alterations. They should have kept the sketch cover as the rare one and kept it at that. Instead they pumped up the print runs on the color and the sketch and made the worst looking cover the rare one. meh.

My prediction has come to fruition that the pink Del Otto variant is now the most valuable from the new series. Kind of saw that one coming. It's the rarest, it looks nice, and it's from a popular artist. That one has been ranging from $180-$220 lately while the Puddin' variant has dropped significantly.

Keep an eye on the latest Ashley Witter variant. It almost snuck by me. They did the color/b&w with the usual 3000/1500 print runs. However, now they also did what they are calling "hybrid" color picture of Harley with a b&w background. It is limited to 1000. They are only $15 if you buy directly from the seller's ebay store. The seller is AOD Collectables. It is a Canadian seller so shipping is more than normal and delivery time isn't great but the price seems good for a nice looking cover and low print run.

I have heard a ton of complaints about AOD. I like the book, but skeptical to deal with them.

I have heard a ton of complaints about AOD. I like the book, but skeptical to deal with them.

I just received my Harley Quinn and All-Star Batman variants from them today. The books were packaged very well and are in great shape. They're a bit slow to ship. That's my only complaint about them.

My dealings with all the shops has been great except for two - Mega Gaming & Comics, and Heroic Deams -

Mega Gaming's arrived damaged due to the way they packaged it. Emailed them, got no reply. Filed a paypal dispute, of course THEN they reply asking me to return the book at my expense, promising to reimburse me the shipping charge. Then they reply that they received the book back and have a replacement ready to send, but won't send it until I drop the Paypal dispute and ask that I communicate with them via Facebook only, not through the Paypal Resolution Center! I said sorry, that's not how it works, and I haven't heard back. Still no refund of my return shipping charge as they promised.

Heroic Dreams sent me the two book set, and both were in horrible condition. Emailed them, no reply so I filed a dispute through Ebay, just like Mega Gaming this was the magic ticket to get them to finally reply. They sent me replacements without having me send the original books back, which was great, but the replacements were in as bad condition as the first ones! When I emailed them about this they issued me a refund, which is fine, but now I have to scramble to get these elsewhere, and they are more expensive. So while they did the right thing with a refund, they did screw me. btw - they are still selling the set via Ebay! As a side note, I also pre-ordered their Suicide Squad 1 variant set through them via Ebay. They marked the set as "shipped" last week but the tracking # they provided to Ebay was the same as the HQ 1 replacements package! When I emailed them about that, they immediately issued me a refund. OK fine, but now I am scrambling to buy these elsewhere, now at more than double the price!

I won an auction on the Hughes variant at a great price, was advertised as NM, but arrived with a quite visible spine tick, I wrote to the seller, mentioned the spine tick, they said they sent me the wrong one, and offered a swap. I sent it back, and never heard back from them, eBay gave me a refund. But I am still gutted. I think they saw another opportunity to get a better price.

This is a cover I love, but will probably be a cover I will never own, as I can't afford to be a high value collector.

I really like the Artgerm variants... And the Comic Con Box virgin cover...

I snagged 10 copies of the Hughes Harley from a few LCSs when it came out. :banana:

I sold most of them for $60 - $80 within the following month or two. doh!:tonofbricks:

Thankfully, I did hold onto one copy just in case.

I won an auction on the Hughes variant at a great price, was advertised as NM, but arrived with a quite visible spine tick, I wrote to the seller, mentioned the spine tick, they said they sent me the wrong one, and offered a swap. I sent it back, and never heard back from them, eBay gave me a refund. But I am still gutted. I think they saw another opportunity to get a better price.

This is a cover I love, but will probably be a cover I will never own, as I can't afford to be a high value collector.

Since when is a NM not allowed to have a spine tick ?

I had two that I sold around. $50 each.

I thought it was so ugly , and it wasn't doing anything at the time

:sorry:

I saw a NM+ copy at my LCS at the time of release. Thought it was the worst cover from Hughes, so I passed on it. (kicking myself now)

Quick question though : Why is that cover so expensive now (still think it's an ugly cover) .... is it a low print run?? First Harley Variant?? I really don't know.... doh!(shrug)

It was about 5mm and broke colour, and It wasnt present in the photos, which is why I contacted the seller.

It was about 5mm and broke colour, and It wasnt present in the photos, which is why I contacted the seller.

That's still a NM book.. A single spine tick? Def a 9.4, or did they advertise as NM/M?

That's still a NM book.. A single spine tick? Def a 9.4, or did they advertise as NM/M?

Ok, I checked the purchase confirmation email, it was indeed described as NM/M.