• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Bye Comic World

29 posts in this topic

I started to read the comic books since 1969 (I was five years old), collected in my high school and college time. Stopped then collects again after 15 lapsed years ever since. Sometimes, I read them.

Once a comic book reader/collector will be always the comic book reader/collector.

My kids love comic books better than video things.

Another one to add to the list.

Exactly, there are so many of these types of "flip clowns"/"amateur pressers"

around spewing the same entitled garbage that it's become

the new "normal" of this hobby.

You can tell from his sense of entitlement and lack of intelligence

in his comments that his future of a wannabe dealer

is very short lived.

Bingo.

An intelligent buyer does not insult a seller.

A fair offer is made and a deal is negotiated, or both parties move on.

Generally speaking, I just let my Buy It Now's ride without a "Best Offer" option, intil they are sold.

Despite not offering a Best Offer option, I get about 3 messages per week on misc slabs I have listed..... usually like " I got $70 for this book"....on a BIN I have listed at $99.99 + shipping.

I'll usually counter with an offer of $90 (+ shipping) while politely thanking them for their interest etc.

They'll take it or they won't.

But if I ever got a message like the one that the OP got from the "gimme the book at below FMV so I can CPR it and make big dough off of your back"....ugh.

...easy solution is just to ignore that nonsense. (thumbs u

Pressing is everywhere. No corner is immune.

No it's not. I've probably spent nearly a decade carving out an area of the hobby where this nonsense will never be found. I can show you boxes of stuff that hasn't been pressed and never will :)

Aw, well...we do what we must to stay sane. There are butt-heads in every aspect of life though, I've found some of the comic ones to be the most benign.

This is truer than most people who have only collected comics realize.

Pressing is everywhere. No corner is immune.

No it's not. I've probably spent nearly a decade carving out an area of the hobby where this nonsense will never be found. I can show you boxes of stuff that hasn't been pressed and never will :)

I assume this is stuff you're keeping for yourself?